Renoise Natives Compo - Round I #BREAKBEATZ *closed*

Since the theme for this round is Breaks, I thought I would share this little tutorial from Vorpal Sound / Emre:http://vorpalsound.com/vs/renoise-redux-breaks/

Since the theme for this round is Breaks, I thought I would share this little tutorial from Vorpal Sound / Emre:http://vorpalsound.com/vs/renoise-redux-breaks/

yeah this tutorial is awesome …

one of the 1st tutorials i …discovered in vorpal sound…

along with his tut on how to install cpd tool …for windows

I already made a track for this, but i noticed you wrote

• Do we have to keep everything as a renoise instrument? >>> Yes & Please submit #xrns & #xrni files.

What exactly do you mean with this? Why would you need xrni’s when all the xrni’s are already a part of the xrns? You can’t seriously expect me to export all the 20-30 single sample instruments to each their own xrni?

Also, it’s impossible for me to find out if any of the samples i downloaded from random places on the internet are all completely royalty free. As long as it goes under ‘fair use’ it should be enough imo.

Maybe thats a bit too much then…the idea was to provide content to these forums, so if people also submit their #xrni files, this would be a nice addition to the download section. But in your case. or its like 30,40,50 instruments; the #xrns file should be more than enough :ph34r:

Maybe thats a bit too much then…the idea was to provide content to these forums, so if people also submit their #xrni files, this would be a nice addition to the download section. But in your case. or its like 30,40,50 instruments; the #xrns file should be more than enough :ph34r:

Honestly i think instead of adding valuable content to the download section it rather clutters it up adding a lot of nonsense instruments. I don’t think i’m the only one that finds this a bit problematic, because xrni is so powerful i feel a bit betrayed when someone uploads a single sample as an xrni with no macros or phrases or anything.

Xrns is an xrni container, so to me it makes much more sense to open the xrns and listen to the instruments in context and save the ones you like. Much less time consuming than to downlad a bunch of instruments, then find out how they sound and then delete the ones you don’t like or let them clutter up your drive. I also prefer saving my samples as samples and not xrni’s. :wink:

please only require a song render and an .xrns - should be prove enough to find no plugins have been used. you can still extract .xrnis from the .xrns to put into the download section, not let the composer do it but the compo team maybe, or in collective effort by the community. this way you can also try to ensure the royalty aspect of the samples used. you should expect a lot of people just using “free” samples, but still having copyright applied in regards of distribution of the original raw sample itself. you can demand free samples as much as you like, there still will be stray licensed in every tune, to the point of making the whole compo obsolete if you disqualify every tune that features just a little licensed sample.

my samples are so very royal, they already demanded being addressed with some proper application of the pluralis majestis. also they tend to insert peasant instruments if placed too close to instruments using the saw_c1, or even the very lowly sine_c1. I think they just dislike being too close commoners. Not sure what I want to do to deal with it. I guess I have to replace sine/saw_c1 with some cycles recorded from vst or generated from own code?

otherwise I try to use samples from “converse rubber tracks”, they seem to have a very liberal license, and good microphones, very royal sound, gown almost purple and very stringent air around the nostrils - no crown yet, but already some wicked plans of ursupation going on.

I like the idea of maybe just picking a few of the best instruments for the #xrni section & leave the submission uploads just audio/xrns;

Yet me didnt start this one on my own, so I would also like for @LandOf Bits to add his thoughts here, which should be no prob, though.

This all started so quickly and got received in a very positive way & Way more than we expected; that it was obvious from the beginning,

that some things might have to be changed on the fly. So with this said: constructive criticism or adding positive ideas are very welcome.

yeah my initial understanding was that people need to provide .the renoise project file xrnx …theres no need to …submit the xrni .as a separate file !!!

since its already included in the …XRNX …

.also …if people want to upload…their creations …to the download sections…its completely up to them …i personally upload my stuff to google drive and share …using the direct link :slight_smile:

i think myself and

El°HYM

are on the same page regarding this stuff :0

that being said…cant wait to hear …your music crew :slight_smile:

i hope some of you guys …used tthe trick from my last video :).

This might be a silly question, but i’m not really sure what qualifies as a breakbeat? Does it have to be around 170-180BPM or whatever? I started a new track for this, but it suddenly came to mind that it is playing in 134BPM, which sounds a bit slow for a breakbeat? Does a breakbeat have to be fast paced?

I though, by the genre reveal video, that some…prodigy alike stuff around 140 bpm with breakbeat alike rhythm would be adequate?

What I’m at atm turned out a bit cheesy funk alike, not so dark/bold as prodigy or similar music, at least it is spacy and about stars.

Not sure if I make finishing it before 3-10. I’ll try.

Edit P.S. @Bellows, the 170-180 is jungle, which sports rhythms rolling around sped up breakbeats, maybe that is why you thought of such tempo. Trip Hop or Hip Hop might used slowed down breakbeats.

Mine is 113 BPM …downloaded sum #breakbeat from the #instrument area; more laid back maybe, yet still works for me.

So whatever works for you…Just do iT! Speaking just technically bb mostly coming from #funk should be around 120 bpm.

Looking ffw to hear All of Ya stuff :drummer:

Edit P.S. @Bellows, the 170-180 is jungle, which sports rhythms rolling around sped up breakbeats, maybe that is why you thought of such tempo. Trip Hop or Hip Hop might used slowed down breakbeats.

I’m pretty much clueless when it comes to defining genres, so i confuse everything with everything all the time.

Sounds like my tempo is pretty spot on then i guess, going for some crazy neuro stuff this time, but i have probably got that wrong as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

PLEASE POST / SUBMIT ONE AUDIO/SOUNDCLOUD LINK

UNTIL 31.03.2018

&

ONE #XRNS FILE UPLOADED TO THE DOWNLOAD - AREA

ON 31.03.2018 Please do NOT upload there, before!

:walkman:** Thank you very much :walkman:**

well actually most songs are in some BPM between 115-140

prodigy oscillates in that range

mine es 124 magic BPM to me :slight_smile: :guitar:

Short #poll :drummer:

Since the Winner will get the glorious opportunity to select the next #Genre, for the next Round.

We was also thinking to pick another #winner, who would then provide & pick a #Samplepack for that next Round.

This would be 2* Votings then; one in the Download - Area & One in the main Thread. Samplepack#pick goes to the DL - Winner.

Good Idea, or is one Winner more than enuff :walkman:

I’m already thinking about the genre, since i’m so great with that kind of stuff and i will obviously win as usual. :smiley:

No entries yet?

Guess i’ll have to start it off then, here’s my entry:

XRNS:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lq2s53v5s6tisyo/Spook%20It%20Up%21.xrns

MP3:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uil7dndp217re13/Spook%20It%20Up%21.mp3

It turned out pretty weird, but there is some breakbeat like stuff in there, i hope it qualifies as a breakbeat. :slight_smile:

I’m already thinking about the genre, since i’m so great with that kind of stuff and i will obviously win as usual. :smiley:

No entries yet?

Guess i’ll have to start it off then, here’s my entry:

Stream Spook It Up! by TheBellows | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

XRNS:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lq2s53v5s6tisyo/Spook%20It%20Up%21.xrns

MP3:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uil7dndp217re13/Spook%20It%20Up%21.mp3

It turned out pretty weird, but there is some breakbeat like stuff in there, i hope it qualifies as a breakbeat. :slight_smile:

nice i was expecting something a bit different but this works …great track :slight_smile:

like the basses a lot !!!

Awesome 1st #entry for sure & a good one, indeed! @ TheBellows

Keep ‘eM comin’ My fellow #natives of da mighty renoise - tribe… :drummer:

nice i was expecting something a bit different but this works …great track :slight_smile:

like the basses a lot !!!

Thank you. Yeah, well, my ability to conform to a genre is not of the sharpest, so this is probably the closest i will ever get. :stuck_out_tongue:

About the neuro bass, we have to thank emre_k/Vorpalsound for that.http://vorpalsound.com/ :slight_smile:

Maybe u juz created ur own new #Genre or subgenre called #NeuroBreakBass :walkman:

Thank you. Yeah, well, my ability to conform to a genre is not of the sharpest, so this is probably the closest i will ever get. :stuck_out_tongue:

About the neuro bass, we have to thank emre_k/Vorpalsound for that.http://vorpalsound.com/ :slight_smile: