Renoise on a 4K screen....

I got my Samsung 4K monitor (U28D590) today…
The display looks quite astonishing.
It is quite hard to give an impression how the monitor looks from the outside, but i can give you an impression of how much screen estate you have with such display…
Happy scrolling :D

Good luck reading any of the text…

Yeah you’re right, i guess i need a UHD fontset now… In that screenshot it is already set to huge, but the texts are sharp (which is what the image probably can’t show), so it is readable.

I clicked and my graphics card just melted…

I should have known you tried this before I asked you on facebook :)

How’s nibbles?

Yeah, well, i’m fumbling with the font configs, but the Renoise dialogs are not up to carry 14 or 18 point size configuration (i can get the font size bigger, but text falls outside edges), so Renoise definitely requires some button, area and dialog sizing as well before this will work.
Nibbles works fine Djeroek, i can reach level 4.

want

the resolution is really nice to have, but 28" with TN-Panel ? i assume colour shifts and inversions (towards the corners) are unavoidable even when sitting straight in front of it?

That is one sexy resolution…

Well, frankly that is not much of a problem, to be honest: when looking from the sides and the top i don’t notice any colour shifts at all if the brightness is not set too high, neither in the corners. If i put my head on my knees, the colours are shifting, but who is watching their monitor from the floor? And even if that is so (e.g. like a wall mount): This screen also allows you to change the viewing angle in the setup if you cannot place the monitor straight in front of you.

By the way. At least on linux renoise doesnt scale fonts according to DPI. So on high DPI screen you get very small text.

Yet you still can’t fit a whole pattern on screen when scrolling due to the centered cursor. :lol:/>/>

For the thousandth time please give us an Excel style scroll mode!

Damn.

You won’t be able to see a full pattern with a cell focused cursor either, the main idea behind a non-centralized cursor is a complete different discussion.

Which seems to be completely ignored by the devs every time it’s discussed…could it really be that difficult to implement, or do they just not care?

Sounds good, I’d like one :wink:

recently got me a fancy new macbook pro with retina … can’t read a damn thing at full res.

carry on, nothin to see here folks :ph34r:

Which seems to be completely ignored by the devs every time it’s discussed…could it really be that difficult to implement, or do they just not care?

Many feature suggestions seem completely ignored. They came anyway. → sample recording, autoseek, multilayer instruments, phrases, all examples of features that were requested many times and didn’t made it in all previous versions up to some point.
What matters is keep mentioning it and remain patient, you will see it appear some day. Just hold on to the existing features that required a batch amount of patience so far.