Renoise Radio!

Well, i’m one of those curious guys who’s always willing to hear what amateur producers are doing and normally they’re are so skilfull that i end up searhing their demos for hours.

I don’t know if this idea was already discussed here, probably was, but still i think that would by shoutcast. What do you think about it?

Regards,

Pedro Vieira

Just think about it!

Beatbattles shoutcasted, interviews, tricks and tips hour, live mixes, anouncements, gear commercials, it’s a endless non-expensive resource… :)

Interesting idea but I foresee “Can’t someone else do it?” problems all around…

Can someone else do it? :D

No, seriously - nectarine radio is THE resource for tracking-related webradio.

Personally IMHO it doesn’t matter, if a song was made on Renoise or other tools and I don’t care, how the song was mastered.

Good idea. Perhaps in the future?

Wanted to bring this one up. Any news on this ?

It’d be cool to be listening to a 100% renoise-music stream. Users would just upload their mp3s on a ftp, and they’d be played randomly all day long…

http://remixta.net

Not completely 24h stream though, but close enough.

Could be an opportunity for Renoisers who DJ as well…?

Care to elaborate?

Suva: Many digital music streams include DJs live mixing the tracks.

As for a Renoise radio station, I’d have one up and running if I had the resources to do so. Shotcast is very bandwidth heavy. If the team wanted to throw a shoutcast server together, I’d be more than willing to manage the broadcasting end of it.

I could throw up broadcast as well, but I don’t feel like putting random songs in rotation, that would make organized shows like Remixta bit pointless because of the oversaturation.

About DJ’s and live broadcasting some stuff. If you have good ideas, you can always get in touch with me and maybe we can work something out.

Playing pre-mixed DJ sets, live-sessions, etc… One could end up making playlists of various tracks, sets and live-jams for all I care, to play on such a radio… Just thinking out loud tho…

edit:
for example?

• 12:00 - 13:00 :: Charly Linch Live @ Breakcore Pwns Yo Mama
  • 13:00 - 14:00 :: Remixta Session 89
  • 14:00 - 15:00 :: Best of Beatbattle 12
  • 15:00 - 16:00 :: Kaneel Live @ Smokin is Bad For Yo
  • 16:00 - 17:00 :: Indamixx Entry Galore
  • 17:00 - 18:00 :: etc

Tell me if I’m going completely mad as my brain is feeling a little sore at the moment but am I right in thinking it works out at around 40GB bandwidth per listener per month for a 128kbs stream?

stream it into space…renoise is set for galactic domination, im sure of it.

I used to do pretty much this for a music forum I used to use. Last three months uploaded tunes on a random playlist. Log-in details provided to any forum member who wanted to play on the radio, whether it be live or a pre-recorded session/program they wanted to air. Had to watch it a bit and changes details everysooften as you will get hijackers.