Renoise Rc3 As Slave

Using renoise as slave and sending midi clock from my Yamaha keyboard

The tempo is all wobbly at the beginning of a pattern…
I have read this elsewhere before that Renoise may take time to lock in to the tempo or sumthing…

What is going on here? ANY1 help me please? Can I reduce this somehow?

At the moment Im working at 95 BPM speed 06
and it alternates between between 98 and 96 before locking on to 95 by abou pattern line 28 …

thanks guys…

I noticed it HEAPS when I had a sample locked to tempo… it was speeding up and down like a turntable haha …interesting effect but not what i need for a clean vocal stab or beat loop

going to bring this back up because I have the same problem but no solution.

taktik, would it be possible to incorporate some kind of “loose slave mode” maybe ? What I mean is renoise not exactly following the sync (because things seem to go wrong with this) but more like a small resync every 10 lines or pattern ? The reason is that now that renoise has correct bpm it should actually run pretty smooth along cubase/live/whatever at the same BPM.

This ofcourse works only if the midi-sync-thing/protocol does provide a proper bpm-value.

the reason is that I want to jam with a friend in a few weeks using live/renoise on different pcs with some midi over lan solution (haven’t figured that out yet) and I would probably kill for a working midi-sync … :D