Renoise update?Whats going on?

oh, cool. updates.

I like updates.

can we have one? I’d be most elevating for me.

Wait is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage no?

It is now

“anybody else pissed off waiting for an update?” :badteeth:

renoise could go easily to 3.5 remaining same feature set, maybe add some new color themes - yay its an update everyone happy :smiley:

and what do you even do with information given by devs? beta versions are released to all users, its a good roundup of features what will be released.

sorry folks, when i see something stupid, i just add some more wood to a shitfire, peace :drummer:

Fitting avatar,a sponge.

hopefully, the pause in development will mean the next version will be well considered?

I hope the next one isn’t tbh,if they aren’t even developing renoise atm and its well over a year since last update how much longer would you like to wait for an update?Another year?I hope its a quick succession of small updates if anything but that’s just my preference.

On topic:

Official Statement here

That’s what’s going on.

On topic:

Official Statement here

That’s what’s going on.

Fuck sake that threads worse than this one and we have spongeboy no pants here.

Is there a list of requested features to be added, or what are people hoping will be added? I only got into Renoise less than a year ago, so lucky for me I haven’t been through the whole waiting for new updates experience yet, been busy learning what’s already there. Be great to get more stuff in the future though. Personally I’d like automatable loop points, and an option to follow the players position in the phrase editor cause that the one thing that really fucking annoys me.

Speaking of learning: When you know every nook and cranny of Renoise 3.1 (and Redux),don’t forget to spend some timelearningother cool things related to audio production as well. I’m currently having lots of fun with Bitwig 2.0 and I’m also getting more and more interested inDSP theory whilereading this fascinating book entitled “Designing Audio Effect Plug-Ins in C++ With Digital Audio Signal Processing Theory” ( https://www.routledge.com/Designing-Audio-Effect-Plug-Ins-in-C-With-Digital-Audio-Signal-Processing/Pirkle/p/book/9780240825151)

EDIT: Am I the only Renoise/Redux user getting excited in advance about taktik’s new secret project? Really looking forward to find out more about it!

:drummer:

Speaking of learning: When you know every nook and cranny of Renoise 3.1 (and Redux),don’t forget to spend some timelearningother cool things related to audio production as well. I’m currently having lots of fun with Bitwig 2.0 and I’m also getting more and more interested inDSP theory whilereading this fascinating book entitled “Designing Audio Effect Plug-Ins in C++ With Digital Audio Signal Processing Theory” ( https://www.routledge.com/Designing-Audio-Effect-Plug-Ins-in-C-With-Digital-Audio-Signal-Processing/Pirkle/p/book/9780240825151)

EDIT: Am I the only Renoise/Redux user getting excited in advance about taktik’s new secret project? Really looking forward to find out more about it!

:drummer:

I’m looking forward to finding out what the secret project is - hopefully something audio related. Also, don’t really care about the frequency of updates, people should just chill. I’d still use ft2 if it wasn’t such a bitch to set up on modern OS/hardware and it hasn’t had an update in 20 years. As long as Renoise isn’t dead and we get the odd cool toy to play with and maintenance update it’s fine.

It is audio related, that much has been confirmed. Now, speaking of frequency of updates:it’s true that Renoise as a functional productcould be saidto be “finished”, just like a working analoghardware synth is “finished” and just needs some maintainance (i.e.fixing/replacingbroken voice chips, etc).As long asRenoise is running compatiblewith modern computer setups it’s probably good for 10+ more years in the current version.And probably taktik will implementhigh-resolution vector based GUI for 4K and abovefor the next major Renoise release in the future (as he said himself, such work was already started).

EDIT: Comments about potential licenseoptions in regard to the source code deleted.

Disliked!

Disliked!

Haha! :lol:

The thing is that I don’t want to go too much off-topic here. Those important things I wrote and deleted deserve a thread of its own.

No! Not another thread. Maybe at least wait some weeks with that, as to spread the load more evenly.

I still like updates though…

You know, I’m getting really pissed waiting for that thread.

Makes "Where is renoise update complaint thread? thread

If you need extra features, use another package.

Out of interest…how long can you leave bread in the freezer before its inedible?

Makes "Where is renoise update complaint thread? thread

i think development of that thread is delayed because complaint devs is writting complaints in other forums, thats it, im selling my forum account license

The thing with the bread and the freezer depends on…that cable with the plug on it, you know the one usually hidden behind the freezer…is it plugged into a power outlet? And not cut somewhere between the freezer and the plug, some people do it because the cable is too short to reach the outlet, but I believe it is a mistake.

This power thing, it makes hell lot of difference if used correctly. Hiding yourself inside the freezer becomes difficult then, though. You will starve - the bread next to you will frozen hard, you cannot bite bits of it anymore…

How did you know bread was code for “people”?