Renoise update?Whats going on?

but that would be a lot less powerful that watching the sample waveform itself and where to put the automation points right on top of it.

I would go the other way around and put the waveform behind the modulation.

For it to make sense, a special timing model would be required, “modulation speed synchronized to sample playback speed” - that in itself would be awesome to have :slight_smile:

What would be really nice is a roland rompler style routing, as found in all their romplers .from thejd 990 --to the jv 2080-xv-Integra

It’s a verry simple principle where 2 signal paths ( in renoise case instrument lane ) are combined , merged …sometimes adding a router or a ring mod in between.

Also , as mentioned before .the filter stage should be before the amp stage …and not as it is right now .( amp—>filter )

The filter drive messes with the amplitude curve

@TheBellows :

Overwrite? For recording live instruments in multiple takes, then choosing the take you are happy with in the sample editor?

+1 for the idea of using tangent handles, for the inclusion of smooth, variable bezier curves in automations.

Having the choice of points, linear, smooth / normal , logarithmic or exponential curves in automation envelopes and sampler modulation envelopes would be cool, but tangent handle style vectors would be amazing. Although, I wonder how the bezier curve vectors would be created once they are done. They may just require hundreds of points. You wouldn’t necessarily want all those points visible once the vector is made (between two points).

AnimationBrokenFree.png

Curve in current sample modulation envelope and pattern automation lanes has normal / smooth curve, linear and points with an extra option to do exponential and sine but not between two points, that is to say, it will create a sine or exponential curve in a highlighted area of the envelope / automation lane (with maximum number of points).

An automatable horizontal (time-based) envelope scaler? like on TB303, envmod.

Sample modulation already has vertical envelope scaler, ‘input’ (amplitude-based).

A granular timestretch and pitch shifter…ticks, lines, beats…semitones, cents.

(rubberband timestretch with markers + pitch shift the grains / granules)

Just like the sample offset command over whole pattern trick for slowing down and stretching out vocal samples but with higher resolution.

I would go the other way around and put the waveform behind the modulation.

For it to make sense, a special timing model would be required, “modulation speed synchronized to sample playback speed” - that in itself would be awesome to have :slight_smile:

I’m not shure how useful that would be and it certainly woldn’t make the operations i was talking about any easier. The question above was about the sample editor and that has nothing to do with modulations and won’t affect how it works at all.

I just want to see the waveform in it’s original form and be able to put a curve on top of it, then apply it to either vol, pan or pitch.

Something like this:

@Garrett Wang

I was talking about modes of the sample stretch feature i suggested. If you can drag a marker in the sample editor to change its pitch, it would have to either write over the sample data next to it, squeeze it so pitch decreases on the opposite side or change the length of the sample so the stretched part can fit into the sample without altering any of the sample data that is not being stretched.

Maybe a little less ugly version of this:

You should also be able to shrink the selected part of the sample by dragging the arrows inwards, i think Normal would then pitch up the selected part and remove the silence that would otherwise be generated between, then the squeeze mode would stretch the non selected area to fit with the shrinkage of the selected part without changing the lenght of the whole sample and overwrite would shrink the selected part on top of the original sample instead of generating silence gap (also not changing the length of the sample).

Cool idea, squeezing and expanding parts of the sample for pitch change within the sample itself. I imagine it sounding similar to a mellotron or the DIY walkman synths:

As for the main waveform part of the sampler, an automatable and pattern effect controlled ‘play loop offset’. Like Achenar detailed in his video. Move looped region backward, forwards. Move loop points separately or sychronously away from / towards each other.

Not much use for long loops, but awesome sounding when used with short loops like single cycle waveforms…scanning a loop the length of one waveform over a long vsti or hardware synth note which was sampled with lots of modulation already inside it. (filter sweeps, resonance or whatevr).

Pretty much the same as this pattern effect command from LittleGameParkTracker:

LPOF aaaa

LooP OFset: Shift both the loop start & loop end values aaaa digits

( By digits it means samples)

LPOF 0001 adds one to both values, LFOF FFFF removes one (so values > 0x800 moves the loop backward)

reset everytime you start a new note (same as volume, pitch)

LPOF is absolute

you can’t trigger a note with the LPOF, it has to be executed after a sample is playing

every time you trigger a sample LPOF is set back to the instrument parameters

Maybe a Christmas’ Update/Gift :slight_smile: ?

Update spotted NOW in the backstage area, 3 times hurray for Taktik!

Oh man, this is really true… called 3.11. :slight_smile:

-deleted-

Answer: NOTHING IS GOING ON

There’s a 3.1.1 but i couldn’t find any update info / version history with what’s new/ changed, anyone installed it? (my renoise is very stable as it is and i’m kind of scared to update blindly)… smile.png

ok downloaded it, it will install on different program file folder , things seem the same and retains settings. so maybe bug fixes etc.,

can i remove 3.1?

if so how exactly without affecting anything?

There’s a 3.1.1 but i couldn’t find any update info / version history with what’s new/ changed

It’s a bugfix release, so no new features - and stuff was only changed if this was somehow required by a bugfix.

You can review all fixed bugs by search the support / bugs forum for the term “fixed” and version number in the title.

I’m not sure if the list is 100% current and up-to-date, but we usually depend on the forum for bug tracking.

Edit: I quickly tried to produce a link so you didn’t have to go through the search page. But I couldn’t get this to work…

danoise, is there already a updated redux, which is compatible to 3.1.1?

danoise, is there already a updated redux, which is compatible to 3.1.1?

Apart from being unable to import.xrdp (effect presets), there should be no compatibility problems between the current Redux and Renoise versions.
That issue was actually not introduced with 3.1.1, it just took a while for someone to come across it.

But yeah, we are putting out a new version in early 2018 to fix this issue, and a few other things (in Redux 1.01, the missing ability to start preview from line X in the phrase editor is particularly annoying).

Ok, so whole device chains still work, or isn’t that dependent on effect presets, too? I mean the whole idea for me is to reuse my Renoise settings in another DAW.

Ok, so whole device chains still work

Yep, they do - I don’t think any presets will break, but the versions numbers themselves got out of sync with one another…