RenoiseRE (Rack Extension)

That’s what I said. But it’s not fully featured, which is what you would want if you were boasting it as an advantage to having a Renoise device in Reason (in reply to OP). Having your sample editor be inside of a rack device would be pretty bad design anyway (just like the whole idea of a DAW inside of a DAW) it would be much better as a separate view, like the sequencer already is in Reason.

What I’m trying to say, is that to get Reason to have all the advantages of Renoise, making Renoise a rack device is not the way to go about it.

Ohhhh I totally misunderstood. I thought that the OP wanted the RE’s in Renoise, or something. Lol. So yes, you’re right.

What Propellerhead should do is just integrate Recycle and be done with it.

Yep - PH should put Recycle into Reason, put all Rebirth’s devices in as REs and allow Reason to act as a Rewire master. Job done.
:D

Money gone… Why don’t you consider this reason for the possible fact they didn’t do that?

I totally understand why PH don’t put Recycle into Reason - it was sort of a flippant comment. I don’t really understand why Reason doesn’t work as a Rewire master and it would have been nice, when Rebirth was discontinued, for PH to incorporate some of it into a subsequent Reason update and replace the Rebirth input device with a Rewire input device.

I think ReBirth is already possible, actually, it’s the only thing you can officially control from Reason via ReWire… you can download ReBirth for free from some PH website man!

Yes, it’s what the Rebirth input device is for.

PLRSH splat

And then…there will never be midi out in Reason? I’m waiting for recording my synth in reason, but having programmed a track on sequencer…!
This is possible in renoise! why not in reason?

I have literally no idea what that means. :huh:/>

Perhaps just the pattern sequencer -> MIDI / CV with the nice order list in renoise. That would sell like hotcakes I bet.

REdux! :)

+1

Very good idea!

Especially since Propellerheads suggest that it’s fairly easy to port VST’s to the RE format…

To read more about the technical requirements for this, please take a look at:
http://www.propeller…-extensions.php

Imagine seeing portions of Renoise in the Reason rack, now that would be awesome!!

Speaking of Reason… I need to check out running Reason as a slave in 64-bit ReWire, and investigate if the new phrases work with ReWire stuff too…

No matter what PH might suggest about how easy it is to port VSTs to RE, the truth seems to be a bit more complicated. Over at KVR, Urs from U-He has talked about how difficult it has been to port Satin to RE and how this represents the ‘last roll of the dice’ as far as they are concerned with REs. Imagine just how simple a plugin Satin is compared to what Redux is likely to be!

Sure Redux makes the possibility of Renoise in the Reason rack a bit more likely but I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath. The RE format has a very long way to go yet before such a device is even vaguely technically viable.

Could be worth a try?

Be my guest.

Well it would make perfect sence for a developer from a financial point of view, as there is no piracy of RE’s whereas VST’s gets cracked in a matter of hours. The CV/Gate-routings adds a new dimension to the devices aswell (phrases!).
I have never bought a VST, and I don’t use cracked ones (i might have tried a few in the past/future). However I’ve bought Audiorealisms ABL2, Rob Papens Predator, Synapse Audios Antidote, and just recently Propellerheads Parsec and Audiorealisms REDominator for my Reason rack. Even a couple of refills and the Etch Red creative FX. They are bound to my account, so I can log in on my friends computers and get my freak on.

REdux or reDUX makes total sence to me.

That’s because Reason plugins have no global point of interest but only for those using Reason. So basically there is no ground for cracking Reason plugins.
Anothor thing is most likely that it is hard to put warez crap in the cracked Reason plugins as well

This also makes the point where Renoise as a Rack Extension might not be financially interesting because you are developing for a smaller userbase (reason users only), where VST can be used by a larger DAW audience.

Plus PH take their cut of a third of all RE income. Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to see Renoise expand into VST, AU, AAX and RE markets. It might not be my everyday DAW but I love it and consider it unequalled amongst trackers. I just don’t think that RE is practical, financially attractive or even technically possible at this point.