Renoising On A Train! / Laptop Question

Last summer when I went to a festival by bus, one guy behind me was playing around with Renoise (1.8 at the time I think) on his laptop. Great memories! :)

kaneel and byte, why not try to get a new battery ? The battery I had with my laptop was pretty worn down after 2 years and barely made more than 40 minutes, for 80 bucks I bought some premium-shit battery which made up to 3,5 hours (if in powersave mode to just watching a movie).

See it’s the whole “$80 I don’t want to spend” issue… My laptop is 5 years old, it’s about time I gots me a new one.

Actually 80€. I could have got one for 45€, but I went for the “premium” one. Only to have my laptop stolen a few weeks later. Sigh.

Answer: in-ear earphones. Can’t hear a bloody thing except your own breathing, chewing, tinnitus, and Renoise.

Hmmm … I almost never use the battery even when travelling. Usually there’s possiblility to connect the lappy to a power outlet on busses and trains nowadays. At least the ones i go with. My battery doesnt even wortk BTW. It’s not recharging. Planning on buying a new, but ehhh … for what… never use it. They should make laptops without batteries and squeeze some better specs in there instead. If u do need a battery it would be better to have something external that just attaches when u need it.

Why not just make music and stop thinking of strange ways of doing it… :)

Because it sucks to take a computer and monitor on a train.

Nowadays, people are busy 24/7. Only free time happens to be in public transport. One way to spend the time is look out of the window, other is to actually use it for something practical.

Aye… JVC Marshmallows are dirt cheap, block out tonnes of noise, and have excellent frequency response considering ;)

Ok so now we need a computer, a monitor and a train to make music :P Making music though does not suck. B)

Music in general just sucks.
Trains suck too, actually.
And so do computers.

Monitors are okay. I need two.

Why not write a song about it?

My music is a soundtrack of loathing

I actually read books when going in a train. Else I would never read anything which would suck.