Reprogress Beta

I just finished coding the initial version of a tool which should help some of you with your productivity issues.

This app scans a directory, returning the number of patterns in the pattern arranger (seq) and in the pattern pool, as well as the (hopefully accurately) estimated song time.

http://codeitude.com/ReProgress.exe

Note: This needs the newest version of the .Net Framework, available here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/default.aspx

This is a Windows app, but was coded in c# so Mono should be able to run it on Mac and Linux… could someone please test it out using Mono?

http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

I’m getting a crash in a near completed scan. Otherwise the estimated times seem fine so far.

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen  
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.  

************** Ausnahmetext **************  
System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.  
 bei System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)  
 bei System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)  
 bei System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)  
 bei ReProgress.Form1.btnScan_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)  
 bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)  

************** Geladene Assemblys **************  
mscorlib  
 Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.  
 Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.  
----------------------------------------  
ReProgress  
 Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.  
 Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.  
 CodeBase: file:///D:/ReProgress.exe.  
System.Windows.Forms  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.  
System  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.  
System.Drawing  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.  
System.Xml  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.  
System.Core  
 Assembly-Version: 3.5.0.0.  
 Win32-Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP.  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.  
mscorlib.resources  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.  
System.Windows.Forms.resources  
 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.  

************** JIT-Debuggen **************  
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der  
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers  
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.  
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.  

Zum Beispiel:  

<configuration><br>
	<system.windows.forms jitdebugging="true"></system.windows.forms><br>
</configuration>  

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten  
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem  
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.  

Ok… I’ve fixed at least one error that was causing crashes and updated the app.

Did you want to redownload and try it again Beatslaughter? This time, if a song crashes it, could you try to figure out which song is causing it and send the song.xml my way? The sure way to tell is to simply copy the suspected song into a new directory and run it on that path… though chances are it’s the one that’s displayed in the status bar… Tag, we’re it ;)

Works fine now. Some small suggestions:

• display total time of scanned files in status bar
  • accept drag and drop of xrns files

Also i might do a bit more hardcore tests later, with some test files using various time changing pattern commands. ;)

I used a song.xml from one of your tracks that Mickrip had btw… I asked him to test and it bombed on whichever track it was because you had an F1F0 effect (which of course does nothing to the track speed) … but it turns out it was my problem, as I hadn’t been converting that effect value back to decimal from the stored hex code. I just hadn’t had that issue at all because none of the songs I have use speed codes above 8 :P

Didn’t work for me in linux. You may pass me the sources so I can add some basic crossplatform code for linux and mac.

I will when I get home at noon. I’ve gotta go let the landlord show off the building to some new potential owner. sarcastic yay

Ok finally got around to loading this up to try it out. Works pretty good! Although there are some odd bugs with weirder XRNS files. Try for example Alex Strain’s “Under The C” - come up as “94” minutes!

Dunno what else to say, I can test this further if you need anything specifically done. Thanks for the coding!