Request For New Blank Pattern Lengths To Hold Their Length, Even When

Hi :)
I am using Reniose as a live performane tool, creating patterns on the fly.
What I want is to be able to create multiple empty patterns of the same length (not the default),
but I have found that when I do this, go back to the first pattern, and then move to the next, pre-designed empty pattern, the pattern length has switched back to the default (64) length.
It will always do this unless I put some sort of data in the blank pattern.

So, to recap, unless I put some sort of data into a previously adjusted, blank pattern, it will switch back to its default length.

My suggestion, is that something be changed, or an option created, so that I can create multiple blank patterns, without their new lengths changing back to the default.

For some reason I’m finding this very hard to word. :wacko:

Is there some way of doing what I want already?

Anyway, I love Renoise, and can certainly find a way to work around this problem, but just thought I’d put it out there.

Thanks in advance.

dformd

I believe in RNS2 if you go into song settings or preferences, you can change how many rows are defaulted.

Otherwise, you can specify in one pattern what you want the rest to be like. Then you duplicate them out a few times, highlight them and just right click and select “make selection unique.” Repeat as needed.

Hope that helped.

Hi meow :)
Thanks for your suggestion,
but I still have the problem.
When I create a pattern of 16 lines,
follow your instructions,
and then collapse the pattern sequence down to one pattern,
going from:
to:
and then try to change that pattern number, to say:
I find that the pattern length changes back to 64 lines.

The patterns do not hold their length.

If you made one pattern (ex: patt 1) and clone it out a few times and then highlight the clones and select “make selection unique” you should have that many patterns all with the same settings, but different patts.

Highlight the last four and unique them, resulting in…

All with the same stuffing in em.

Unless I’m not understanding what you’re saying…

Hi meow :)
Again, thanks for trying to help.
Unfortunately I still have the same problem.

First of all, I must stress that the patterns I’m trying to make are all completely blank, with nothing in them.

Secondly, I can do exactly what you have been telling me to do, making a bunch of unique patterns, all with the same length (say: 12 lines),
but when I go to change the pattern number (in the pattern sequencer),
using the arrows beside the pattern number,
the last pattern created does not stay at 12 lines,
but instead switches back to 64 lines.

Thanks again,
dformd.

SO you collapse all the patterns ( lets say 6 patterns of 32 steps each ) to a unique one = this becomes pattern number one which has 192 steps .
If you change the number of this pattern to nr.3 ( like you wrote ) that pattern will change to the default setting because it’s a new pattern and not the collapsed pattern anymore , which was nr. 1 …( 192 steps )