Retina Lag (High CPU activity)

Perhaps if they reverse that fix and also apply this reversion on the Retina display, all should go well then i suspect? :D

Hehe, I will suggest that, hehe.

I still have dialog with Apple regarding this, so hope there will be a solution real soon.

There won’t be any tracking before this is solved :(

Am I the only cookie with this problem in here? :smashed:

So the answer from Apple after testing 32-bit and 64-bit on 13 and 15-inch MacBook Retina was that it is a software issue. i.e. Renoise.

Can anyone in here relate to this problem or confirm that it is NOT a Renoise?

as long as

is true, the assumption

is false.

It turns out that the HD-video had the same type of “lag” on my other computer. I wish it wasn’t so though …

Yes it is not Renoise.
If it worked perfectly on your external screen and that screen started also displaying the same problem as the Retina display after a Mac-technician “fix”, it is not Renoise and the Mac guys are simply trying to pimp you off with a cheap and easy conclusion.

So, stuck in the beehive then. Sucks goat balls!

The external screen was not Retina, so no wonder it worked on it. It doesn’t mean that Renoise is NOT the problem.

The “fix” was a general update for 15" MacBooks, so no special hack for me.

Will try this “fix” tonight: https://discussions.apple.com/message/19880198#19880198

No good. Still the same lag in Renoise.

Note sure if other people are still having issues, but I am. However I recently did what I described here and the graphics are much smoother:

Basically go to Settings > Display > Color > choose “sRGB IEC61966-2.1”