Retrig Effect Parameters.

Use retrig effect E01-E04 for samples i hear very very simple effect! retrig works only in numbers from E01 to E04. when iam was working in JBuzz 1.2 iam use for samples tracker -Unwieldy Tracker by Fuzzpilz. Retriger system is perfect and enhansed: retrig from numbers 01 to 80 with looping and tick subdivide
i think its better variant for retriging)

Retrig depends on the speed. if you set the speed to 12 retrig e01 to e0c should also work, but then you also need to raise the BPM bar… or just set the speed to 1 and have a trigger on each row instead of each tick.
tick subdevide sounds nice in one way, but on the other hand i would rather suggest an instrument enhancement (a DSP rack for the instrument section) where you can add a custom amount of envelope dsp’s that triggers varrious events based on milliseconds timing rather than ticks. Then we can use pattern effect commands to enable / disable these effects at will and we are one step further towards bringing tracking to another level.

Higher retrig resolution is definitely needed imo +1 however it turns out!

yes to subticks.

I think the retrig effect value should be the number of times the sample is retrigged in that note’s time, instead of which tick it retrigs on … so yes… +1 :P … and a pingpong mode too

I would like a retrig effect that doesn’t necessarily retrig the beginning of the sample.

Let’s say you have a sample that, for the sake of demonstration, happens to be exactly 2 pattern lines in duration.

00 C-4 E1 ----
01 — – ----
Current behavior: the first half of the sample gets retriggered during the 1st line
Requested behavior: no change. it is perfect already.

00 C-4 E1 ----
01 — E1 ----
Current behavior: the first half of the sample gets retriggered during both lines
Requested behavior: no change. it is perfect already.

00 C-4 – ----
01 — E1 ----
Current behavior: the first half of the sample gets retriggered during the 2nd line
Requested behavior: during the 2nd line, i would like it to retrigger the sample starting at the 2nd line - not at the beginning of the sample.

I hope that makes sense.

Try using the effect column version instead of the pan column version :P … I’m pretty sure it works like you want

How about retrig with volume modifier too, like e01 retrigs every 1 ticks with same volume but e11 would trigger like every 1 ticks with volume modifier -8 or so, then you could have -8 to +8 with hec 1 to f. Of course the volume change could progress logarithmically or so so that you could have something like -10 to +10hex or so.

and yes i like the original idea for more resolution 'cuz the retrig per tick is not really versatile enough.