Reverse Function In Effect Row

hi there guys,

I was searching but couldn’t find anything about this, but i reccon other people have thought about this so, maybe someone can help me out.

For example, i have a breakbeatsample playing from 00 to 16 (10 for hex users), and I want to reverse the sample in the last four lines. Normally I have to see where the sample is at that point and reverse it there in the sample editor. Can this be done, by entering a function in the effect rows?

It quite some work because I want this reverse to be different each time, which means i have to duplicate the sample and alter the end point.

By using a function this can be done muchg easier, but i’m not sure this functions even exists (Can’t find anything in the manual or am I blind?)

I saw another post about this, from a guy who’d like to reverse the whole pattern like this, so thats almost the same question, but because this only uses the sample i think this is more easy to program.

Thanks in advance!

This is possible, and very easy to do, with the backwards command. Just put B0 in the delay column. Like this:

C-4 00  
 B0  

Now only the last 4 lines will be played backwards.

Johan,

again you are my “Guruh Member HERO!”

Thanks a lot man!! :yeah:

Glad to help :)

Actually you can achieve lots of interesting effects with the Bx command. After B0 you can put B1 to start playing forward again etc. It can also be combined with 09xx commands to play backwards from any given point of the sample.

Yeah, that are the thing i’d like to achieve with this function. I think it’ll be very nice together with “timestretch” function aswel.

I’ve got some inspiration now, 2 bad it’s gonna take a while before i can really do it. To busy!! ;)