Review Of Monitors

I bought a couple of ESI nEar06. Didn’t plan on buying monitors just yet, but I stumbled on a sale - a music store were closing down and I got the last pair. I had my eyes set on KRK Rokit 5, but since I got these 6" for even less I hope I made the right choice. They sound really good to me, but I don’t have much to compare with. A lot better than my old Philips speakers at least. So far I’m happy. Should be interesting to see what happens when I get a new sound card as well.

Oh, one complaint. The blue LED power indicators are really bright in a dark room, and if the monitors are positioned right they shine straight into my eyes - so I dimmed them a bit with a small piece of paper in front. :P

and i went to a store today to listen to alesis prolinears. its so rare that stores have actually something in stock here :( so i couldnt A/B them to others.

But anyway, my impressions where positive! Pretty clear/not too harsh sound and i must say good low end aswell, especially considering relativly small size of 720.

The 820 on the other hand are quite big speakers, bigger than i imagined them.

so in a couple of months i will get my prolinears :dribble: