Review The Music Of The Person Above You

Let’s review each other’s music!

Guidelines:

• Review the music of the person directly above you.
  • Keep it positive.
  • Make any criticisms constructive (ie “I’d like to hear…”)
  • Actually listen to their music all the way through and give it your attention.
  • Say more than just, “This is rad. I love the beats.” Talk about why.
  • At the end of your post, include links to your music (FREE OR STREAMING ONLY) so the next person can review you with minimal hassle. (Note: If you’d like to include xrns files, feel free, but only in addition to audio files.)
  • Please include more than just one or two tunes. Give them something they can dig into.

EDIT: We already have plenty of space for reviewing individual tracks. This thread is geared more towards talking about how each producer’s style and approach come across.

The majority of my tunes are here.

Well,i listened to the entire album you got there,very good production,very good playfull synth lines and the album as a whole fits together very nicely in one big package,it is obvious to me that if you like this music and the way in which you have done it,you could happily play the album all the way tru from beginning to end without being necessarily disturbed.Now here comes the criticism from me,I found the album extremely predictable and ‘safe’ at no point was i anticipating something unexpected,i felt i always knew what lied ahead.You seem to be sticking to a formula that works for you and applied it to every track within the album.The last thing i have to say is you need (imo) to inject more style and personality into your work.Just a side note i dont like the artwork at all.I know i seem to be leaning heavily on the negative side here but thats because your production skills are great and your musical knowledge is good.So in that sense your sorted already,i think a slap in the face is needed to get you to try new things and not be afraid of breaking the rules.Overall i enjoyed listening to your work and can see great potential here for growth :walkman:

Here is my soundcloud for the next person,plz bare in mind that there is a lot of different styles in here so youll have to listen to a few different tracks and also if you dont like abrasive or hard sounds you may aswell skip this! :ph34r:

http://soundcloud.com/lungbutter13

Listened to the track in your sig. I was thinking it reminded me of parallax on the c64 until the full on VSnares kicked in!

Nicely done!

er… I’ll put this one down…

http://soundcloud.com/keef-baker/music-box

If you can listen to more of ToybOx’s music and elaborate, please do. Also, please provide more music of yours for reviewing.

We already have plenty of space for reviewing individual tracks. This thread is geared more towards talking about how each producer’s style and approach come across. I’ll go ahead and add that to the OP post.