Rewire: MIDI rescanned when adding instruments in Reason

I assure you (in my experience) that the devs takenote of every bug report, but if they have trouble replicating it, they probably put it on their check-out-later-again list. And it still may be an issue on your end. Could you try doing the same with a renoise as the master and some other daw as the slave?

Yes, could not replicate the problem here either. The MIDI rescanning actually is OK and should not be the problem. The problem is the freezing. MIDI gets rescanned by Renoise to add or remove MIDI ports in Renoise to control things in Reason. This usually should take a fraction of a second and only happens when adding/removing instruments in Reason.

Double-check this with Reason 4 on Windows 7 - 32bit.

AstroNut: Are you really really sure it’s not the disk-browser or something else. Does this really !only! happens when running Reason rewired to Renoise?
And does it really only happen after you’ve added/removed instruments in Reason?

Hi, sorry for the late update. I have no idea what happened but I cant replicate it today. I will do some more test and I will let you know.

Hello

I decided to bump this topic as unfortunatelly, I still have a problem.

I understand that it maybe related to my PC only but I would be grateful for any suggestions.

When I start Renoise, it takes actually quite a long time to load, and I think the main reason is that it is scanning for available midi devices - at least thats what I can see when it’s loading.

I think my rewire problems are related to it.

Could you recommend any troubleshooting steps ?

Maybe there is a way of disabling midi scanning ?

Thanks very much for any help.

Can you try removing any mid ports (including hardware)you have on your system and see what’s the result of that,

in fact, maybe there’s a virtual midi port that bugs out the entire thing, I had one of those some time ago (that’s all I remember about it)