Rewire Renoise.

I hardly think it will be ready before the end of the month, but it looks like it will be ready in a couple of weeks…
And Skale will work as a vsti…
This is ofcourse not very good news for Renoise, but good news for the trackers.
I suspect that rewire could be the next thing that Renoise team will implement…

interesting thing that the increased development of vst/vsti supported trackers starts now (e.g. Mad), after the success of Renoise with VSTi a half or one year ago!!! maybe i’m wrong … but now every tracker needs VSTi ;) … VSTi is no new invention of the current days! …

To be honest, that was seriously about time Madtracker got VSTi implementation! I must have refreshed that madtracker page a thousand time around 2000-2001, waiting for just this and MIDI(?)…

I actually send Steinberg an email back then, begging them in despair to implement a Tracker editor. But then, two years ago Renoise VSTi/MIDI saved the day, and hopefully continue to do so for a very long time.

I still can’t believe i actually bought Cubase, man what a load of crap, but it was the best midi crap around at the time. The thing is, that most “real” musicians are using their midi-keyboards to record notes, that fact alone makes a piano-roll more convenient to use, so if either Madtracker, Renoise or Skale wants to really increase their fanbase, this is what’s needed.

Yes. And i agree with you. By the way, to those of you who don’t already know, Martin has already showed us some work on the piano-roll, so that is in the works. I bet that piano-roll is annoying/difficult to program.

Some people may still want that rewire audiostream nonetheless.

Um,

My opinnion is, that whoever makes a rewireable tracker or a tracker vst first truly will hit the jackpot :)

With Rewire support from one side (MT) and vsti (Skale), I hope that tracker will be used by more and more people.
It seems that if those two tracker fullfill their promises (as nothing is out yet we cannot judge) maybe renoise team will put any of those two “slavering” technique in their priority list (even if it is at the end :D ).
Great news for the tracking community anyway as it will bring new opportunities.

sample > synth > vsti > modular > rewire/vst slave support… What will be the future of tracking ?
Bright, and that’s all that count
:D

What I know Renoise has at least as much vst(i) support as skale is having, or is it planned that skale going to be able to run as vsti-slave? It’s atleat not stated at their site. ???

Indeed, my previous post wasn’t clear :unsure:
When I was talking about Vsti, it was a vsti slave.
This come frome an Announcement made by awezoom on the skale forum.
Off course, for the moment we have nothing, but I think that we can trust baktery…
Anyway, Time Will Tell.

It’s been stated already some time ago at the Skale forum… VSTi version of Skale tracker should be on it’s way :)

I don’t think Renoise wants to be a slave. :P

:D

instead of use renoise as a slave, we could say :

" Use the State Of the Art Tracking Technology to unleash the power of your creativity"
Or

“Unbound your sequencer by using Renoise, a new way of making music…”

Sorry, I’d Better go to bed…

:guitar: (yeah lefty smiley)

This has nothing to do with renoise implementing a pianoroll and or future features similar to other professional software. What this thread is about is flexibility to implement renoise into professional studios.

I personally will never use renoise as a exclusive sequencer. Why? I’ve written music now professionally for 15 years (tracker based for 21 years) and could never lock a client nor myself to design on one bit of software. While renoise is a tool, its not my job to convince a client that I exclusively need to write a tracker based song within my business. If the dev team unlocks this tracker resource to the professional market, we all win hands down. Lets be honest here, money is time and time is money.

What fits your needs does not fit everyones standards. All the more reasons to make tracker based editing available to all configurations by rewire.

damn i need Renoise as Rewire slave badly :drummer:

i need a slave in general :D

can you say that again with caps enabled? :D

lol, I first thought he intended to diss renoise which made me go “whatcha want !? want trouble ?” :D but then I realized that he is not wrong with that, for a start this way renoise would be the link to piano-roll based software and finally this might really lead to a very increased number of registrations because alot of those people who did tracker music years ago and turned “pro” and use cubase etc. now might aswell buy renoise then. and one of the things I would be glad to see are proper payrolls for taktik and the rest of the crew. (aslong as this does not turn into some ulgy corporate monster like renoise inc., lol. And I get my first shares at a discount price.)

so basicly:

rewire support in renoise = taktik on mtv cribs :P

is that show still on ? I think it sucked a** badly, except the one with robin williams, but he is just one heck of a comedian. all the other stars just proved that money cant buy taste (well, listen to their music anyway).

but taktik on mtv cribs would actually be very interesting … like “yeah thats my living-room … I got one of them … my bed’s here too, I aint got no bedroom … this is my kitchen … my toilet … well, and thats about it really … yeah … what do we fill the remaining 23 minutes with ?”

well he could show the kids the really important bits of his living, like the local pommes-buden,or philosophize about why berliner is better than schulle and why sterni rules them all :)

sterni = sternburger ? I don’t think that rules at all … I live close enough to berlin to know that even our bad local beer is waaay better than sternburger. if taktik should really prefer that one then I know why it takes so long for 1.5 :D