Rich Native Reverb

Ever since I got my new laptop little over a month ago I’ve stopped using external plugins and instruments altogether so I can work on the same material from both my workstations. And because renoise is so awesome it turns out you don’t need anything else, the only thing that has been giving me a hard time is making a nice rich organic sounding reverberation. To me the native reverbs sound really flat and tend to just make a tail of noise after the sound has played, but by tweaking them I’ve been able to get some decent results.
Here’s the best solution I’ve come up with so far:

There are two send devices, both of the keep the source signal on, one route to a chain with a short, 100% wet, 0% dry reverb and a highpass filter, the other route to a chain with a long, 100% wet, 0% dry mpReverb with some predelay and with a lowpass filter. I often use a cabinet simulator after the reverbs to give the sound a bit different character, but they are by no means necessary.
The effect is that the beginning of the tail will predominantly carry the bright aspect of the sound and then the darker, lower frequencies will build upon it through the progression of the tail.

I would love to hear how you guys make reverberations, I know that some of you can do miracles with the native effects.

Use the multiband send. I also use a pitch modulation (via the chorus) before the reverb. The native reverbs have a simple algorithm so they will still sound a bit stiff compared to complex modulated algorithmic reverbs. Maybe some phaser before the verb too to tease out some tone variation. But you’re still stuck with the algorithm.

@Gooze: how did you create that graphic of the reverb? seems pretty informative to me, wondering if it is done by ear or by some plugin or something?

@rhowaldt: right click" -> “render selection to sample” for each track, then I painted over screenshots of the waveforms in photoshop. It is by no means accurate, I just like to visualize things since it helps me understand them.