Sad times in the world of Octamed...

I saw this on the Octamed website today and it left me feeling a little sad

It all started with Octamed for me, even though Renoise is light years ahead of it now and is all I use, I still have a soft spot and rosy memories of Octamed… Perhaps I’m too cynical but my feeling is that as a commercial product it doesn’t have a hope in hell of being successful, certainly not if Renoise is the competition. I find it sad that it hasn’t and probably never will be open sourced…

Oh well…

That type of disability changes everything, and every last penny can become of great importance. I agree that is sad, and I wouldn’t worry about the software being open sourced… People need to do what they have to do, and often times have good reason for their actions… Often times not… but… I’d cut the guy some slack.

I’m not saying you are not cutting him slack btw, I’m just adding thoughts to your thread…

It’s no consolation, but things can happen… Consider the fate of Raster Music Tracker…

Yeah, I feel for RBF, I suppose I was feeling a tad sentimental earlier… Philosophically speaking nothing lasts forever and all things come to an end.
I suppose the challenge for anyone who is a founder of something is legacy, how to ensure what you create continues beyond you. In that sense I always feel some sadness when something good fades away…
But hey it’s all good, new things come along and for now I have Renoise :)