Sample Editor: Having to cut sample twice before it cuts?

Sorry if this bug has been brought up before - I have had a search but couldn’t find anything.

When in the sample editor and I want to cut a certain section from a sample I am having to do the procedure twice. I select a part of the sample I want to cut and try to execute the cut procedure and it doesn’t do anything. I then do the same thing again and it works? I can’t understand it.

I am running Renoise 32Bit V3.0.1 on Mac OSX 10.9.5

Anybody else having this issue?

Ps I’m new to the forum, so hi to everyone - I’m loving using Renoise, it’s taking over my life! :slight_smile:

Works flawlessly for me on Windows. Could be a Mac problem? Can you give more details or make a gif showing how you go about trying to cut?

I’ll try and make a gif later on tonight so it shows exactly what’s going on.

OK, I have just taken a screen grab of what is happening -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAg7I9BZP8Q&feature=youtu.be

OK, I have just taken a screen grab of what is happening -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAg7I9BZP8Q&feature=youtu.be

weird, from the description I thought it might be a focus issue, focus being on something else in Renoise so the ctrl+x shortcut doesn’t apply to the sample editor, but seeing the video I dunno what’s up? Does the ctrl+x keyboard combo work?

This is indeed very weird. Are there maybe any Renoise tools installed that interfere with the cut/pasting?
Also, as Djeroek said, is the shortcut working? Is “Cut” the only operation which does this?

I’ve had the same problem twice, nothing weird like this atm.

osx mavericks 10.9.5, rns 3.0.1

system is pristine clean, rns have some tools installed

This is indeed very weird. Are there maybe any Renoise tools installed that interfere with the cut/pasting?
Also, as Djeroek said, is the shortcut working? Is “Cut” the only operation which does this?

Not as far as I’m aware there isn’t any tools which would be causing the problem.

Yes, so far the ‘Cut’ option is the only thing that is bugging out like this.

weird, from the description I thought it might be a focus issue, focus being on something else in Renoise so the ctrl+x shortcut doesn’t apply to the sample editor, but seeing the video I dunno what’s up? Does the ctrl+x keyboard combo work?

The ctrl+x combo still does the same thing, as does the ‘scissor’ option. I just can’t think what it would be.

I’m still reluctant to upgrade OSX to Yosemite as I don’t want to mess my audio applications up (I’ve heard bad things) so given that ‘Ransom’ has had this happen on the same version of both OSX and Renoise - maybe it could be that??