Sample Editor Play Notes From Active Selection

When I have a sample in the sample editor, I can play any note I want - the whole sample will play.
What I would like to see is that when a selection is made, only the selection is played in that pitch when I use the keyboard.

A work around to accomplish it now, is by selecting the correct note/octave and press play.
This is way to much steps to play some creative slices fast.

I am guessing it should be easy to program that, play only the current selection in the sample editor (not the whole sample), and play that using the keyboard (or midi or whatever).

Please look at it, thank you! laugh.gif

What I’ve just seen is, you can do this with redux as well.

This is not about promoting any products of renoise, just stumbled across that it obviously offers the possibilty.

At 1:56 it’s exactly doing what you wish for. :slight_smile:

What I’ve just seen is, you can do this with redux as well.

This is not about promoting any products of renoise, just stumbled across that it obviously offers the possibilty.

At 1:56 it’s exactly doing what you wish for. :slight_smile:

Forgot the link, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Xk9Ck64Ps (Redux Teaser)

here’s the exact time access code:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Xk9Ck64Ps#t=0h1m56s

Lol, fancy motion design won’t always mirror the bitter reality in honest ways.

It is just showcasing the sample offset functionality. Not the requested workflow improvement to be able to instantly keyjazz on a sample editor selection.

I’ve owned and returned the Redux product because I use Renoise as my main D.A.W.
And as OopsIFly mentioned, the movie is about the retriggering of samples - something that can be done in Renoise already.

It almost feels like a bug; selecting a part of the sample feels naturally that it should play that selection :slight_smile:

+1 for this idea.

Also, how about scrubbing in the sample editor? You could drag the ‘tapehead’ over a sample forwards and backwards to more easily find where to chop or put slice markers.

1 Like

I’ve owned and returned the Redux product because I use Renoise as my main D.A.W.
And as OopsIFly mentioned, the movie is about the retriggering of samples - something that can be done in Renoise already.

It almost feels like a bug; selecting a part of the sample feels naturally that it should play that selection :slight_smile:

… and bought Redux again to show some love <3

!!! THE FEATURE IS IMPLEMENTED TODAY !!!
Thank you devs!

2 Likes

Best lobbying effort I’ve seen on this forum. Congrats, DJ TB.

1 Like