Samples / Venetian

Not really, though I guess the ones who do exist are going for that clown shit from the later stuff. If there were a bunch of VSnares clones that were the equivalent of what Tycho is to BOC I’d be pretty satisfied.

There’s two proper paths to splatterbreak whatevercore:

1 - Know nothing. Have absolutely no idea what you’re doing, learn nothing, be stubborn, do it intuitively.

OR

2 - Learn theory and actually understand precisely what you’re doing, and how you’re going to do it.

The first one is hard because you’re often going to get sidetracked making utter garbage. The second one is hard because if you don’t know quite enough, and you can’t articulate your ideas or at the very least ambitions, you will turn out derivative horseshit that’s actually worse than what you would have done if you didn’t know anything at all.

If you’re currently at step one, I recommend staying there. Listen to no one, read no guides, download no samplepacks, ask no questions. Just dig into whatever sequencer you’re comfortable with and destroy shit.

If you’ve already moved past that point, then I’m sorry, you have a terrible few years ahead of you. Maybe induce braindamage to take a few steps back and clear your mind, otherwise good luck.

1 Like

haha that`s so horribly true :badteeth:

Made this track some time ago and in my crazy, musically-oblivious head i called it 6.5/4. What do you guys think? I counted to 6 and added half-beat for kicks.

https://soundcloud.com/flipbit03/flipbit03-its-on-bit

Blu Mar Ten did all the hard work for you, check this out: WARDOWN II

I absolutely love this track but never realized the idea behind the track. Thanks for sharing. Very funny.

Honestly different time signatures are only as complex as you would like to make them.I find writing in non 4/4 to be easier to me than writing in 4/4 because they come with less baggage than compound time and your free to explore more openly,anyways theres nothing difficult about odd time signatures at all,its just people never use them.Of course youl find them difficult at first if youve never used anything other than 4/4.As for venetian snares style amens,get yourself a mackie mixer,a dat machine,a compressor and a sound card and your half way there!Its pretty much old school jungle gear minus the akai samplers.