Script Idea (Done): Pattern Divider & Juxtaposer

To be honest I’m not so sure we need new features for cutting eight lines out of pattern. We have already things that allow that, just press that backspace, lazy boy!

If something I would like “fit into new lpb”-button below BPM-button so that if I make a beat in LPB16 and press that and adjust to LPB12 the notes are held in same relative positions and pattern length adjusted automatically.

You are right in your assessment of my engrish. Although I study at a conservatory, I don’t know jack shit on the correct musical terms and how they track out in Renoise. I mis-described this suggestion, but don’t know how it would be best described alternatively. Nevertheless, I like to see something like this since backspacing multiple tracks in multiple patterns gets old very quickly!

I think getting some max-msp patch to parse through patterns is a better plan & something I can do myself!

I second this. It would be helpful to those of us who want to program outside traditional time signatures, and it could help others understand “odd meters” if they don’t already.

Win win, I say.

Yay. Do it!

And, I really do not know how I put my mind around this before. Forget it. This is what it is intended to be.

bumpage for this old thread of mine now scripting exists and someone might be inspired to pick this up (Crosses fingers)

not completely what you want,but beatslaughter made a code snippet,that will change a tracks lpd settings(and pattern lengths)

but right now its not a tool

It is not anything like I want, but I love you all the same s-n-s :)

hehe well thank you jonas :unsure:

im no coder,but perhaps someone could use that snippet of code i linked to(made by beatslaugter)and make it into something that you could use

bumppst

with your example what if it had a note on line 14 or 15

That note would be overwritten / ‘gone’, through the pasting of what’s inside the clipboard, though I can see an additional option for overlapping using multiple columns.

I’m imagining creating dense textures out of simple patterns, having them divided by N and juxtaposed into a new pattern of uneven length for example, think pattern resizer.

Help! +1 for fun.
More descriptions.

This is a rather personal request as not many see a use for it apparently, but I think there is some nice groove potential in this. Maybe I need to make a sound example, but I have no time now…

besides creating strange rhythmical grooves on a macro level it could be an excellent texture generating tool for sound-design / sculpting purposes on a more micro level; dividing the original pattern in lots of slices and joining/mixing these back in an uneven length pattern. Sort of like fractional overlapping / gating of pattern snipbits.

I use a texture tool in CDP to manipulate samples and this would apply a similar concept on events.

Maybe this works? If you get it to work, could you test if it produces the result pattern like you meant. I think I understood what you meant…

You are an absolute champion! :slight_smile:

Seems to work fine here :walkman: :guitar: :drummer: Can’t thank you enough man, I owe you one!

It is perfect for my initial wish to transform the note data, I was thinking about fractional results as well for stranger grooves, so having note events blocks having delay column values (sort a like dblue’s pattern resizer does, resizing to odd length patterns), but maybe this is hard to do real quick. Anyways I’m really happy with it! Cheers B)

Yay!

For the delay stuff you just tried to explain… Uhm. I think It’s back to MSPaint for you… meaning I didn’t quite understand that bit. Are you talking about offsetting the ‘chunks’ with a delay? That should be doable, at least to a degree.
But maybe I should first take a look at that pattern resizer thing. Anyway, now that I’ve got this gadget reportedly working, I can start polishing it a bit. Thankyou for your co-operation, sir. :)

yep, it would mean the ‘bend signature’ button is never invisible in your tool :), so that you can for example divide a 64 pattern in 6 chunks and adjust each with -2, this isn’t possible right now. In the dreamed update the first chunk should start without a delay, and I guess the last one has to be rounded at the end, as patterns can’t have a length like 64.3 or something.

Maybe Dblue’s pattern resizer tool can give you a hint on how this could be done?

Ok. As I thought, then. Sounds interesting… Yep - the pattern resizer shows quite well how to do some stuff. Mostly I’m worried about triyng to squish two notes in the space of one; the fractional chopping might require that… But there were some ideas in dblue’s tool for that too. I also kinda want to try something for ‘fractional pattern length’.

Now would be the perfect time to ask for this to be added to, i.e. expand / shrink, so you can take a set of 4 bars of material, set 1 bar to be the chopdown, then be able to set that at the start of every bar there is an expand on the selected pattern data - and then at the start of the next bar there’s another one. This’d be really sick.

(Well, *2 / *0.5 multiplication of selection content while … nm :D