search file box ".." item disappears bug - Renoise 3.0 and up

In the great Renoise 3.0 (any beta), when you seek your favorite song in a use list of tracks - you use the search icon, type in a few characters for a match and presto - u found it.
But while you type in anything, you see that the “…” folder disappears.

So what? well, say I want to quickly check that track containing “drumz” or “blue” in it: in the 2.8 and below I just navigate through the filesystem (few folders up or down) and I found my match.
Now I have to: 1. clear the search entry, 2. navigate, 3. re-enter my search term, 4. hope for match else repeat step 1 again for each folder :(/>

Sidebug: ah there is the little arrow that goes a folder up in my tree. Oh noes, it hides all my folders until I remove the search criteria. Also not good.

And why can’t I hide folders? I have truckloads of subfolders that are nicely hidden when I want in 2.8 and below. Why is that button gone? also a bug? why would someone NOT have this button? (show / hide folders).

Please clarify or fix these small but annoying bugs / behaviours.
p.s. YES I use the searchfunction on the forum :)/> YES I can replicate it etc. :D/>

The file list simply shows whatever matches the search mask. If you type something like “techno” or “bass”, then it obviously won’t match “…”, therefore the “…” path won’t be displayed in the list.

It may not be obvious at first, but the disk browser can be split into two panels. You can have the folders above, and the files/search below. Just grab the horizontal divider and drag it into position. Maybe this helps to organize your file structure a bit?

4769 renoise-browser-folders.png

[quote=“dblue, post:2, topic:41021”]
The file list simply shows whatever matches the search mask. If you type something like “techno” or “bass”, then it obviously won’t match “…”, therefore the “…” path won’t be displayed in the list.

It may not be obvious at first, but the disk browser can be split into two panels. You can have the folders above, and the files/search below. Just grab the horizontal divider and drag it into position. Maybe this helps to organize your file structure a bit?

4769 renoise-browser-folders.png

It is unbelieveable! this is exactly what I needed in 1 flick of a mousemove. Awesome!
I hope this small thread is usefull to understate that for some (/me) the panelthingy was not so obvious.
Incredible UI :D

Thanks a lot!