Selected Mono but No Mono!!! :-P

Mono Mono!!! I want Mono!!! lol

Um, but yeah. I’d like to make some monophonic stuff with a long release. Can it be done??? :blink:

I’m using 1 tracker line of notes, “Mono” is selected in the playing instrument and I’m still getting polyphonic results.

Oh I see… The volume envelope is always polyphonic. Not so friendly when it comes to workflow though :smashed: … Oh but if assigned a mute group… :badteethslayer:

Oh I see… The volume envelope is always polyphonic. Not so friendly when it comes to workflow though :smashed: … Oh but if assigned a mute group… :badteethslayer:

Yes, a mute group will make a sample exclusive across note columns in the same track.

And yes, what makes a sound “monophonic” can definitely be a bit confusing, as we have a button which is clearly labelled “mono” - but it’s merely a option for restricting playback and recording to a single note column (now with support for glide/portamento) .

But if you do want to trigger multiple voices with the same sample - for instance, when creating chords - but still have it cut itself off when in the same column, NNA (New Note Action) is the way to go.

NNA is using the actual grid to decide which notes cut off each other, but also works nicely for live input/recording - I think they are particularly good if you are doing something like a lead instrument with a little release, as these types of ‘thick’ sounds tend to get crowded really quickly.