Send different samples to different fx?

I’d like to take all of the snares, all of the kicks and all of the hihat notes in my instrument (made from slices of a loop), and send the snares to a snare send, the kicks to a kicks send, etc. This way, I can program the drum loop from one instrument made from many samples, and mix the kit so I have control over how each part sounds. Is this easily possible?

Currently it’s not possible. Your instrument will route into one track only (if you use fx inside the instrument). Let’s hope the Renoise team will add some better routing options soon, for example just the same way as it is already available for multiple-output-VSTs.

You have two workarounds currently: 1. do not use FX inside your instrument. Then you can simply play the same instrument on different tracks. 2. put the send into your instrument.

Currently it’s not possible. Your instrument will route into one track only (if you use fx inside the instrument). Let’s hope the Renoise team will add some better routing options soon, for example just the same way as it is already available for multiple-output-VSTs.

You have two workarounds currently: 1. do not use FX inside your instrument. Then you can simply play the same instrument on different tracks. 2. put the send into your instrument.

Darn, that’s a shame. I’m not sure what it is by putting fx inside the instrument? Is that when you add chains under effects? Do operand macros count as fx? Also, what is it to put the send into your instrument, would that make it possible to do different things with different sample groups?

As long as you don’t use an effects chain within the instrument (envelopes and macros don’t count) you can use the same Renoise instrument in multiple tracks. What I do is I just have a different track for each thing, Kick, Snare, etc. and then you can process them differently. That’s how I prefer to compose anyways, because it’s otherwise impossible to tell just from looking at the pattern editor what the programmed notes are.

impossible to tell just from looking at the pattern editor what the programmed notes are.

it’s pretty easy if you put the notes in separate columns

Sure but they won’t be labeled, and you can’t process them separately, and if you have 2 things on one line and want to use a pattern effect on only one of them you can’t. I just use a template with everything set up. I’ll upload it when I get home, I have it set up and organized beyond just the drums. It saves a ton of time and keeps me organized.

Sure but they won’t be labeled, and you can’t process them separately, and if you have 2 things on one line and want to use a pattern effect on only one of them you can’t. I just use a template with everything set up. I’ll upload it when I get home, I have it set up and organized beyond just the drums. It saves a ton of time and keeps me organized.

I would like to see that! Could you upload a screenshot too?

Here it is.

neat thanks for sharing!