Shrink/Expand Pattern And..

hey hey … some ideas i had for future renoise versions…
1.expand/shrink pattern like in modplug tracker or milky tracker
could be very useful in my opinion…

1. when i start a new drum kit and i make some change in the vol/pitch/panning of the kick drum for example ,it should be only to the sample i asked for it (kick)
    and not to all the rest of snare and hats that also now have changed…

2. make it available to record effect value like pitch up/down or position of play (effects number 1,2,9 and more …
    when i have vocal or breakbeat and i want to strech it would be nice to do it with right mouse click and not to write it down manually

maybe some of my idea’s are available and i dont know how to make them work :) , hope my bad english is enuough to pass my thoughts in a clear way…

You can find these in the Advanced Edit panel.

You could also use my Pattern Resizer tool if you want some more flexible options.

Can you be a bit more specific here? Are you using slices to create a drum kit, or are you making a kit from individual samples? You should be able to tweak the pitch and other properties of each individual hit with either method. What exactly are you having trouble with?

1 Like

I think he’s using the (global) envelopes in the instrument settings.

You’re probably right on the money, chief. This is indeed a current limitation/quirk/whatever you wanna call it.

yeah… in f6 “page” of the global view presets…
if i have kick which is c-5 and a snare which is c#5 and
i want only to pitch down the kick , but the snare now will also pitch down (in drumkit …

Maybe he’s looking for shortcuts for *0.5 and *2 shrink/expand :)