Skale And Renoise ;)

tried. mpt class creature ;)).

Do you really know modplug good? I used FT2 for years but imo modplug is much better than ft2…But I dont make xm anymore so I use Renoise…

so maybe tell me about adventages mpt over skale? do you know skale, what wrong with it?

I’m not going to use vst with skale. in pure xm I don’t see many bugs (maybe I’m blind). I don’t know what with you, but I’m making music with scale at this moment, so what’s wrong? It’s comfortable for me, fast moving inside patterns and between… easy editing…

I used Modplug for years. When the program became open source, I even compiled myself a version for my personal needs. Of course, MPT is different from the Amiga-Versions of Octamed, Protracker or Noisetracker and MPT is also very different from Skale, FT2, IT or Renoise but it is possible to configure MPT that you can use it almost like FT2.

F6 is for playing the song, yes but the right CTRL-Key works the same after setting up the keybindings. The trick is to use a custom keymap and just set it like you want to have it.

The only reason, why I do not use MPT anymore is that VSTi never worked and the soundquality was poor compared to Skale or Renoise.

AFAIK Modplug is the most stable tracker I ever used…

…if only the project wasn’t dead right after being born :unsure:

neurotix: great, but for me it’s better option

Menu Start/Music/Skale Tracker [Click]

So if you are “weekend musician” you can have fun with dosbox. For me its daily work man…

anyway… nevermaind.

I never bother with FT2 anymore, it’s useless now, Renoise is way too… Yummy. :)

I don’t get why so many compo-owners don’t let RNS-files into their system! I mean, it’s no problem to download the demo?

Hum, this would open up Yet Another Discussion About A RNS-Player-DLL

(aka YADAARPD)

um, say yadaarpd fast 10 times in a row! :)

Are you a skale troll / skale fanboy ?

choose yourself. eot.

may i choose both ?

Funny to see how a topic of respect can be turned into a tracker war once again :lol:

Seriously, I won´t take position for any “Composition-Tool” in general, not Renoise, not Skale, Cubase, ect ect. You know, in the end it´s up to the producer how good his song sounds or which program has the best useability for “HIM”. So, me says: Leave it by that and make love with each other :)

yadaarpd, yadaarpd, yadaarpphh, yadaarptzs, yadaarphhh… I´ve given up one the sixth actually :)

Hello everybody!

I guess I haven’t posted on this forum before, but anyways. I have always been a a great believer in Ft2 interface. Got used to it years ago and made whole lotta music with it, but: you know all that win xp-difficulty and all that which eventually came between us. Skale tracker was - for a while - the THING to me. Being a very conventional person it seemed like the only answer to my prayers. My friends had recommended Renoise to me, but I had tried it once or twice and given up hope. I thought I’d stick to Skale’s strictly Ft2-environment for ever.

How ever, I tried renoise once more in early autumn this year and gave it some thoughts (and precious time of mine, heh, to learn new things). From that day on I’ve helluva digged Renoise. There are no words to describe all the pleasures you have added to my tracking routine. This program is so damn compact and well developed I lack words! I’m of course planning on registering this great piece of software somewhere in the near future (I’m a normal finnish student drunk with chronical monetary problems, though…).

There are some questions I’d like to get answers to. Does the full ASIO support mean, that I could route incoming audio throug pre-set effect automation (live use)? Was there any other questions… I don’t remember this time, but anyway, damn this program is soooo good. Thanks to you all, developers and beta testers and all!

Best wishes, Bugari Ormond

Ach! Now I remember! Is there possibly any way of converting skm’s to rns files? It’d help a lot!

it wasn’t clear, but… that was my words
“ok, Renoise fans (I’m one of you), but what do you do when it comes to make XM file? Try to find the way with Renoise… So, on my computer is place for Renoise and Skale too.”

Olegtron: “Is there possibly any way of converting skm’s to rns files? It’d help a lot!”

The only way is: skm->xm->rns.