Slow Vst ,au , Gui Update On Mac Osx 10.4 Ppc (

All right , no matter If i load an au or a vst …the gui update of the plugins in incredible slow/unresponsive .uhe zoyd , free tal stuff ,alphakanal etc…
I know this is not a specific renoise issue , beccause it also happens with numerology and reaper , the gui update of renoise is also verry slow …dragging a slider really feels unresponsiveI am testdriving an old powerbook ppc …pre intel cpu …and altough the cpu load is low …this is a real showstopper for me …
SO does anyone know how to tweak mac os ( if it is possible ) …or is the mac too old …altough it has a 64 mb ram ,ATI Mobility Radeon 9700:which should be adequate for comfortable gui tweaking :)

Dude, I don’t want to break your heart but you have a G4 laptop.

First, they never bothered to build a G5 laptop because it ran too hot. So, you’re already one generation behind the last generation before the move to Intel.

It might look good, but it’s old. It’s built to not overheat. You’re not going to get a lot out of this thing.

Maybe try:

http://imafish.com/articles/52-ways-speed-os-x

just checkked and ‘alpha kanal’ is running smoothly in numerology FIVE 12

Try downloading an older version of Renoise from the backstage? Circa 2005.

Yeah , it’s not mine , it’s afriends laptop who doesn’t use it anymore ,and since this is my first encounter with mac osx …I just thought that …welll …
It’s the first macbook pictured in the article …