Smart Note Off Row could be smarter

I might have had some other situations in which the smart note off key doesn’t get me what I would expect, but especially this thing right here:

C-400 .. E-400 .. G-400 .. D-500 ..  
--- .. --- .. --- .. --- ..  
OFF OFF OFF OFF   
G-400 .. B-400 .. D-500 .. --- ..  

Then, standing on that line with the arrow next to it, pressing Ctrl-Caps will set the first three note columns note-off correctly, but in the 4th it will move the OFF from line 04 to the new line 08. Then of course Undo and Shift-Ctrl-Caps help, but I should still think there is a better solution for this. OK OK I know, it’s scriptable… just an idea :)

Smart note off hasn’t got anything to do with multi-row note-off. Smart-note off takes care that if you add a note-off somewhere else earlier or later than a currently placed note-off, that excessive note-off will then be automatically removed.
But i suspect it shouldn’t be too hard indeed to script a note-off feature that detects if the next note event on the line is either a note or a note-off and depending on these basics, determines if it will fill that line with a note-off or leaves it blank when multi-row note-off is inserted.

Of course I meant “Smart Note Off Row” key, as you probably know you have 4 different types of note off, all of which have 1st and 2nd shortcut key. My point is just, if it’s already seeing 3 notes that are offed for a length of 2 lines, why would it be ‘smart’ to make a fourth lane that’s already offed, 4 lines longer in duration?
I might be very well able to script this but I think it could be default behaviour. Maybe I’m wrong and current behaviour is smarter in some cases. Don’t know, just throwing ideas around as I usually do.

That is not necessarily always the case for everybody, sometimes you really want all your notes to be cut off at that point, regardless if two rows further is or is no note and perhaps four rows later is already a note-off.
If we would fix it for you, we would break it for somebody else, or perhaps again for you because you stumble against those situations
A scripting solution or just a native shortcut, would not really differ much which one is better, because both would be just as fast.