Solo track suggestion: Shift + right click behavior

Hi,

(I still love renoise)

I noticed the solo track behavior is not what I’m used to in other softwares and this is confusing me a lot. I took the time to examine how it works and what I actually want to do and now I can put it into words.

Instead of asking you to change anything, I’m asking a new function, that way, my suggestion has no impact on anyone who is used to how the tracks get solo’ed right now.

Here is what I want in Renoise, I won’t explain how the actual solo works at the moment, I will just explain what I want to do.

• Track 1 and track 2 are currently solo’d;
  • I have audio in track 3.

• I shift right-click the solo button of track 1: There is no solo’ed track anymore (track 2 is also un-solo’ed)
• I shift right-click the solo button of track 3: Track 3 is now solo’ed, track 1 and 2 are not playing anymore (they are no longer part of the solo “group”)

Thank you.

+1

Just to be sure, by ‘solo button of track x’ you mean the little rectangle sometimes saying ‘PLAY’ sometimes saying ‘OFF’ sometimes saying ‘MUTE’ sometimes saying ‘SOLO’, right? (and not the switch at the bottom, in the mixer ‘dsp’)

Yeah!