[Solved] 2.6.0 Midi Out Problems

Hi there

I ran into a strange problem after updating my old Renoise to 2.6.0 rc3 because it expired. My problem is that I can no longer transmit MIDI data to my external synths, neither from the pattern editor or from my MIDI keyboard. I have checked, and all the settings in preferences should be correct (correct MIDI out device is selected, and all four options are ticked). It all worked just before upgrading, and I haven’t touched the synths since upgrading, so I’m guessing it’s a Renoise problem. Any suggestings?

Thank you!

Hey Cass,

which platform do you run Renoise on: Windows, OSX or Linux?

A reboot sometimes makes wonders on windows. Have you already tried this and also double checked cables, connected HW?

Hi taktik, thank you for your reply!

I’m on Windows, and I rebooted a few times already. I have changed nothing, cables, synth settings etc. since the upgrade. I have a horrible lingering feeling that I’m missing something really basic here, something that I’d usually spot, as I can’t see why Renoise would be the problem. Yet, I really can’t see what I’m doing wrong. So the easiest thing is to go crying on the forum, right?

In any case, cables unchanged, Renoise instruments unchanged, synth settings unchanged…

Jiggle those cables?

Check your MIDI Clock setting? See:
@see: http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/MIDI_Clock

Try MIDI-OX, debug what is going on?
@see: http://www.midiox.com/
@see: http://www.renoise.com/indepth/tutorials/advanced-midi-routing-for-renoise/

Thank you all for your answers! I’ll try out MIDI Ox when I get home from work and see if I can figure out what’s happening.

My old version of Renoise was the 2.6.0 beta which expired on the 1st of November. You’re right Bantai: The four options I was talking about are the MIDI clock masters ticks. Actually my options are ticked off exactly as in your picture, except of course I have selected the right out device (DELTA 1010LT MIDI) and have an offset of 0.00ms.

I dont thinks its a renoise issue, as mine is working and i have Rc3, hope you sort it out :)

Well, as it turned out, the true and tested method of simply reinstalling everything (including sound card drivers) solved the problem, whatever it was. I am using Windows after all…

Thank you all for your feedback though!