[Solved] Battery No Sound Bus Master Question

Hi

Cant get any sound out of battery in renoise 2

seems like the instrument properties is where the problem lies.

sound is metering in battery but not being routed to the master

any suggestions

cheers

g

It depends where all these events takes place:
“Sound is metering” → where?, the vu-meter of the track that you use it in, or inside the plugin? Did you used a send-device on that track and are the volume parameters on the specific send-track correctly set if you used one?

See http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Instrument_Settings#Plugin_Routing please. By default Renoise only enables the first stereo pair of multi output plugin instruments to avoid overhead.

I think battery uses a multi channel routing by default, so make sure all channels from battery are enabled in Renoise.

Just some info in hopes that this can be solved:

On a Mac Battery 3 AU doesn’t work, even when using track routing.
VST works fine, even without using track routing.

When AU is used the channel names in track routing are just generic Bus #01, Bus #02, etc.
When VST is used, there are specific names, i.e. Bus #01 - B3 Master, Bus #02 - B3 St 3/4, etc.

According to the mouseover Battery 3 has 32 outputs and only 16 are available for track routing (not sure if this is relevant).

It doesn’t seem to matter what’s on/off in the plugin options.

I have tried with all the Battery 3 updates and it doesn’t seem to be a concern when using the AU with other hosts,
so I don’t think this is a problem with the plugin, but maybe there is something unconventional going on.

There is also a routing-problem with the Symphonic Orchestra Play plugin. Perhaps there is more regarding this.

i had the same problem with the battery AU, but i did get sound eventually.

in battery under options you can select the number of stereo outputs. as a test case i selected 1 stereo output and 0 mono outputs.

in the renoise instrument settings i had to reload battery again.

when reloaded i have sound again.

btw: it would be great to use only the renoise sample interface, and not battery. exs-24 .nki or sf2 import please! if i have a set of looped multisamples its a pain to reloop them in the sample editor.

Thanks bud that worked. :)