[Solved]M-Audio Delta 1010lt

I’ve been using Vista 64 for a few years, without feeling the need to upgrade to Win7 but now, I’m at an impasse. I bought the 1010lt from my roommate, followed installation instructions and have narrowed down the best driver to 5069v3 (the other for vista 64 sp2 was glitchy and unresponsive). I’m receiving a signal, I can see that through the visual graph on the m-audio mixer/control panel & I can see it on the visual graph in Renoise but I’m getting no sound. It looks like I have everything correctly connected - although in one of my outputs I was receiving a gruesome hiss or static. Swapping outputs killed the hiss/static but I’m still back to ground zero, no sound.

I’ve read and re-read the user manual.pdf and the user forums on the the m-audio support site and I cannot find a clear answer to my conundrum, there is very little Q&A for Vista 64 users there. I’ve talked at length with my roommate and another cohort of his in Colorado; they both use Win7 and it was a simply plug-n-play for both of them, no sound issues whatsoever. At this particular point I’m beginning to see it as a lack of support for vista 64 on m-audio’s part (or perhaps I’m just becoming dense in my late 30’s). I don’t go out buying the latest & greatest or most expensive hardware I can find, I go with what’s been tried, true & tested… apparently that’s Win7 now (with Win8 on the way?).

I’m looking for other Renoise users assistance, those that have used m-audio PCI audio interfaces -specifically the 1010lt in conjunction with Vista 64 OS. If it can’t be fixed, patched or rerouted, I’ll have to go back to using a Creative-Audigy card until I can build another machine with a more supported OS. =(

Recap:

• OS Vista 64
  • Installation protocol followed
  • Correct Drivers installed
  • Correct Output identified
  • Signal is being sent/received by hardware/software
  • No signal output - No Sound

I don’t know how the audio routing in Vista is specifically done, perhaps you could tweak something on that area to get it right, though usually when it regards ASIO, it should be no problem.
Your message isn’t clear about what signal you speak of, but i conclude from your description you aim towards the fact that you don’t get any input signal from your card.
In that case i only have the same question for you that i asked Frank in the other topic.
Changing the output won’t do anything good if you desire to hear an audible input signal, default output should in most cases suffice with out 1 + 2 (depending if you have monitors/headphones connected to that output!).

This happened to my 1010lt and I gave up. :( Hope you figure it out, because mine is just sitting in my closet now.

Ok, I think I stumbled upon what I needed to do to get it working. To be perfectly clear with my original post, I was getting no sound from any applications that I was using, Renoise was just one program among 4 that I was running tracks on repeat individually as I tweaked & fiddled; stopping intermittently to make changes and restart. Vv: I am using monitors with a mini-sub. Renoise automatically selects the 1010LT as it’s default, so it wasn’t Renoise causing the issues but my own dumb, tired ass overlooking the obvious changes that needed to be made. :wacko:

This is for MarcC as well, you may dig out your 1010lt and run it after this.

Steps that enabled everything to work for me tonight(lots of trial & error):

1. Enter your M-audio control panel, under the Output tab, in the output source below the channels; make certain that sw rtn is selected for all channels.
  2. Under your Hardware tab, change your Sample Rate from 44100hz to 48000hz. (44.1kHz/48kHz respectively)
    2a. Below your Sample Rate is the ASIO/WDM Buffer Size, change it from 256 to 512.
    2b. Sync Source is “locked” (green) as Internal.
  3. When you open Renoise, your ASIO should appear in the program tray, click it - (I’m using v2.10)
    3a. You will see your ASIO4ALL control panel, when you click on the +M-Audio Delta 1010LT, it should open all tabs for all channels.
    3b. I enabled all but it is running through the Multi channel
    3c. Latency Compensation In/Out is automatically preset at 32 Samples, I’ve not seen a need to change it at this time.
    3d. Hardware buffer open/unchecked
    3e. Kernal Buffers preset at 2.
    3f. Check/Enable Always Resample 44.1kHz - 48kHz

If you correctly set your Sample Rate in the M-Audio Control Panel at 48000Hz (48kHz) then the Resample rate range should appear as it does in line 3f and your ASIO Buffer Size should also reflect the change you made from 256 to 512 Samples, as in line 2a.

I’m getting sound through all channels, all applications from Renoise, Soundcloud, Windows Media Player & Audacity. :walkman:

MarcC: this is what has worked for me, in Vista 64 - the general consensus with the information I’ve slogged through on various user forums for M-Audio in reference to the 1010LT has suggested 44.1kHz and higher. 48kHz was the magic number for me, I hope it works as easily for you.

I can go to bed happy and relieved after the past 3 days of troubleshooting. B)

Adding an additional encounter - as a Vista 64 user -a quick solution for those that have been frustrated by the ability to use your audio recording software like Renoise, Reason, Ableton etc in correlation with this audio card but not other applications

I was having an issue with web applications, like soundcloud, bandcamp, iTunes as well as using youtube and audacity to record/mod samples etc; ideally the main purpose was for Renoise to work and from what you had read above in a step by step solution - that is exactly what I had eventually accomplished.

For those of you NOT getting other audio through above mentioned apps in Vista - follow through here:

1. Go to Control Panel
  2. Click Hardware & Sound
  3. Click Sound - Manage Audio Devices

Under the Playback tab, S/PDIF is selected and that is FINE but, if you’re not getting other sound apps to work… not so much

1. Go down the list until you reach Multichannel
  2. Set Multichannel as your default - under properties, use the TEST function

You should hear all tones between your two (or more) monitors that you are using.

Now, 100% of my audio applications, software and adjacent equipment is fully functional. My apologies for not listing this sooner.