[solved] Real-time input Quantize in Renoise 3. How to enable it?

“Input Quantize: When recording notes into Renoise, you have always had the ability to quantize the time to a certain amount of lines. With Renoise 3.0, you can now also define the time resolution when playing instruments. This is obviously a huge improvement if you like to play a sound live, with crystalline timing precision. Possible quantizations include line, beat and bar.”

Can anyone help with this ? Detail with some images and example values how can one get no quantisation (most fidele timing input) ?
I mean, what’s diffrent from 2.8 where in order to have good timing when record, I made long patterns and big value on lpb.
Thanks.

It’s a per-instrument option, so you need to either go to the instrument editor, or open the instr. properties (below the instr. list).
Default value is to apply no quantization, so you should experience the minimum possible delay between triggering a sound and hearing it play.

In the Instr. Editor, the quantize is located at the top of the toolbar
In the Instr. Properties, quantize is shown by clicking the menu and selecting “Show Trigger Options”:

4906 r3_trigger_options.png

thanks !!!

[quote=“danoise, post:2, topic:41359”]
It’s a per-instrument option, so you need to either go to the instrument editor, or open the instr. properties (below the instr. list).
Default value is to apply no quantization, so you should experience the minimum possible delay between triggering a sound and hearing it play.

In the Instr. Editor, the quantize is located at the top of the toolbar
In the Instr. Properties, quantize is shown by clicking the menu and selecting “Show Trigger Options”:

4906 r3_trigger_options.png

But the highest resolution is still the pattern row/line, even for graphical automation , right?

Or do I miss some settings? This is quite frustrating since I already can move automation points between the lines.

Wrong topic? Input quantize deals with notes, not automation…and the whole point is to restrict input to land precisely on a line, beat or bar. But fair enough, when speaking of “precision”, non-quantized time could be understood as being both more or less precise…depending on your point of view.

You might want to take a look at this instead - and no, that feature unfortunately didn’t make it into 3.0 :frowning:

Is input quantize only available for Renoise instruments or can it be enabled for VSTs as well?

Like all things in the topmost instrument toolbar, it’s instrument-wide (sampler+plugin+midi)