[Solved] Renoise 2.8 Failing At Scanning Vsts

Out of the blue , renoise 2.8 cant read all the vst’s I have,
Renoise 2.6.1 is reading 86 vst’s , renoise 2.8 is saying I have 68, so I cant work further on a
almost finished song…what to do?
I restarted my pc, did let renoise rescan my vst folder at startup, rescanned it than again and it
still fails to read the vst’s, but when I was doing the song a couple of days ago there was no problem.
SOS…!

edit: I also looked what there was used. I had bootsy density 1.0 on a channel that is an oldie, but also stillwell the rocket .
Renoise 2.8 at this moment failes at recognizing both and more.

Are you using different bit versions, 2.8 64 bit, versus 2.6 being 32?

Both are 32 bit, all the plugins to. My w7 is 64 bit, but it worked fine before?

“Before” meaning what exactly?

It worked fine before in Renoise 2.6, but stopped working when you upgraded to 2.8?

Or it worked fine before in Renoise 2.8, but then suddenly stopped working?

What has changed on your system between now and then? Have you installed any new software? Anything else that could possibly clash with your plugins somehow?

Have you changed some setting in Renoise? Maybe you enabled or disabled the plugin sandbox feature in Preferences > Plug/Misc? Maybe something else you changed?

Have you changed how you’re starting Renoise? For example, maybe you used to run it with Administrator privileges, and now you’re just running as a normal user?

When you rescan the plugins, did you also enable “Rescan previously failed plugins”?

Have you tried to completely delete your plugin cache? First shut down Renoise completely, then navigate to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.0\ and delete all of the Cached*.db files there. Now restart Renoise.

Anything else you can think of?

Or it worked fine before in Renoise 2.8, but then suddenly stopped working?
this

I have added a few plugins that not needed a install , just had to place m in my vst folder.

Have you changed some setting in Renoise? Maybe you enabled or disabled the plugin sandbox feature in Preferences > Plug/Misc? Maybe something else you changed?

tried both modes indeed.

Have you changed how you’re starting Renoise? For example, maybe you used to run it with Administrator privileges, and now you’re just running as a normal user?

not sure about this, have not did it by myself on purpose but maybe…

When you rescan the plugins, did you also enable “Rescan previously failed plugins”?

yes

Have you tried to completely delete your plugin cache? First shut down Renoise completely, then navigate to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.0\ and delete all of the Cached*.db files there. Now restart Renoise.

did not know about this one, will try it out, thanks. Will respond to this later this day, have to go to work !

unistalled 2.8 & 2.6 , installed 2.8 again , got it now.
Was looking in an older backup folder with very similar vst’s…
Godverdomme.