[solved] Renoise 2.8 on Crunchbang Linux not outputting bass.

hey, i have a problem with 2.8 not outputting any low end frequencies when using the native linux version with ALSA, though when i use the windows version in wine it outputs bass just fine (though at the expense of CPU usage and high latency).

when i first set up my installation, no bass was being outputted system wide, though i fixed that by going into alsamixer and turning up the bass speaker up, as it had been off by default.

i’m thinking it has something to do with the native linux version renoise being unable to interface with the bass speaker or something, and going into the device menu only gives me one option, which is hw:0,0 (ALC269VB Analog).

i’m wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if there’s any way to fix it.

sorry if i’ve not been too informative, as i’ve never come across this problem with any other music software that uses ALSA. if any more information is needed i’ll gladly post whatever might be relevant to this problem so it can be fixed as soon as possible.

thanks in advance!

EDIT: i’ve learned that in renoise there are 4 outputs for the master track with my sound card, with the 3rd and 4th being the bass speaker. if you use jack and connect renoise’s output_01_left and output_01_right to playback_3 and playback_4 respectively, everything will work as normal, with bass being outputted along with the rest of the frequencies. thanks lastfuture and superfly!

I was about to suggest “Try unchecking the [Only use first stereo pair] in the audio preferences of Renoise” but i’m not sure if that would have been enough without assigning outputs to the first stereo pair…
But you perhaps can achieve something here as well when only using Alsa.

possibly! if you find anything please post it here.