[solved] TyrellN6 VST: Problem with rapid note transitions

The original is shown on the left, and the work-around is shown on the right.

JQ7o1kB.png

The version on the left is non-deterministic and the short C-4 sometimes does not play. The version on the right seems much more reliable.

I’m not certain whether this is a bug, or whether the version on the right is supposed to send a different set of MIDI instructions to which the VST responds more reliably.

I can provide project files if needed.

Renoise version 3.1.0 RC1.

Never mind, misunderstood the problem.

What vsti are you sending this data to? Does it happen with more vsti’s or just this particular one? Triggering a sample based instrument in Renoise, the left ‘Lead A’ track should always play that short C-4, right?

edit:

also I notice a delay value of 83 in the above screenshot, which triggers about half the length of a line, no? Maybe at your used bpm/lpb combo, the speed is to high for the note event to be triggered? What happens when you slow down the tempo?

The version on the left is non-deterministic and the short C-4 sometimes does not play. The version on the right seems much more reliable.

As Djeroek said, this should just work - at any tempo and LPB, and quite likely is a bug or quirk in the VST that you are using. To be sure, share the song with us please and also try the same thing with some other VST please.

There is a difference in the left and right version though: the preceding F-5 note is shorter on the left, cause the following off is not delayed by “83”.

Okay, here are my project files and MP3s.

The clearest difference in those renders is probably at 2m13s.

The VST used isAmazona TyrellN6V3.

Tyrell’s note “Drift” feature randomly varies note velocities and offsets, so things sound slightly different every time you run and render it - on purpose.
But if you mean something else or if this happens with other instruments let us know please.

I think you’re right. My “workaround” might have only seemed to work because of the small sample* size.

*Not that “sample,” the other one.