Some question before buying it

Hi there,

I’m new to Renoise, testing it since some days!

Not sure if its the product for me (making glitch/break/noisecore), so I’m asking some question to you before buying it :slight_smile:

In order:

1 - Is it possible to random Pattern Editor? Such as Note number, KEY, Vol, FX (even better considering the ones loaded and available, not random values) and such?

2 - Can the “Maybe Trigger = Y” be seeded? So every time I play a random sequence, it play the same random sequence?

3 - Is it possible to Restart LFO when project start? Or when I trigger the sample in Redux? It seems its only “free” and not retrigger…

4 - For “random LFO”, as above, its possible to have “seeded” random? So LFO random the same every cycle?

Thanks to everybody :slight_smile:

Most things are possibly, as a sequencer-synth-sampler. I think the questions you listed are a bit unclear, but for -

2 - Maybe trigger can not be seeded because they are not random NOTE triggers. they are specific to one note - they are not random - they are about if that note is gonna play or not

You can select a sequence of notes and make them random until you like it? or explain what you mean by seeded?

How can you paythe same random sequence?

You can try the demo I get to see if Renoise is for you. If you never used a tracker before I may take some time to get into it. I used Renoise for like 3-4 years I still learn new things

Renoise is a no-brainer buy, honestly, no matter what kind of music you’re doing, it definitely worth !

Most things are possibly, as a sequencer-synth-sampler. I think the questions you listed are a bit unclear, but for -

2 - Maybe trigger can not be seeded because they are not random NOTE triggers. they are specific to one note - they are not random - they are about if that note is gonna play or not

You can select a sequence of notes and make them random until you like it? or explain what you mean by seeded?

How can you paythe same random sequence?

You can try the demo I get to see if Renoise is for you. If you never used a tracker before I may take some time to get into it. I used Renoise for like 3-4 years I still learn new things

I mean “seeded random sequence”.

Yes, I’d like to make a random sequence (that will kept the same everty time I’ll play it back) on the fly, until I don’t find somethings that I like.

Making glitch/break music, that would be useful.

This is inspirating:

But the note placed are made step-by-step by him. I’d like a Random note generator. “Maybe trigger” of Y8 will/won’t play a note, when Renoise read it from the Pattern editor. So I consider it random.

Including random notes in a pattern-track is relatively easy to program with a script with LUA.Renoise does not have this feature. But it is possible to program a random for the line break and another random for the note to insert in each line break, so you can randomly test notes instantly. This is tremendously useful to experience.

There are several tools that use random commands to insert elements, such as points, line breaks, or even for the sampler.In LUA a random order needs a range, a beginning and an end. It is only necessary to establish the limits to make it work. If it is the line break, then the beginning and the end in the pattern. If they are the notes, you have the 120 notes. For example, you can use a range of three octaves. The problem would be to enter the note-OFF, although it is also possible to include blocks of notes. To each note randomly included an OFF note to certain distance lines.

All this could be created in a simple and compact tool, with a little iteration and it should work very fast, since you only modify a pattern-track (until 12 note colums until 512 lines).

I would not be surprised if such a tool already existed. I do not know.Without writing the tool I already know that I am capable of creating it. So in these forums there will be enough users who would know how to create it. I’m relatively new with this of making tools…

In summary, create a window with a couple of valueboxes and a button, and use random with iteration.

Note: Renoise allows you to create tools with LUA code to customize them to your liking.

Might Be A Bit different from what you expecting here;

Yet you will never regret, or want to go back, trust Me!

Good news! I just added a random note generator in my VPDpro multitool.

The operation is basically this:

7856 vpdpro-random-notes-01.gif

This small module called “Random Nt” (Random Note) only works within the selected note column of the pattern-track.You simply need to set the range of the notes (start and end), and set a jump value. Pressing the Random button inserts the notes randomly.

It has a couple of small buttons to raise or lower a range of notes of an octave, but you can select the range of notes you want, even the 120 notes available.It is a very small and flexible module.

In addition, take advantage of the volume’s slide bar to configure the volume value of each note.A red cleaning button completes the module.

Thanks for contributing the idea!

Of course, you are already slow to buy your license for Renoise!You will not find any better audio program for its price…

Actually You Might Just Love iT!

:drummer: :ph34r: :walkman: :yeah:

Awesome! Thanks for all helps, I’ve gain a lot.

BUT HEY…

Automation/LFO shapes has not tension?!?!
I pratically live for them… hope I didn’t see it right? Pretty basic feature in the 201"8"… :slight_smile:

Automation/LFO shapes has not tension?!?!

Do you mean inertia? In that case, theFormula device has a preset which allows this, among other things.

The formula device is a so-called “meta-device”, which are used for shape/modulate parameter movement over time. They are a bit like LEGO bricks and can be combined in a myriad different ways.

And the Formula device itself is the geekiest of these meta-devices… it can create some interesting results by itself :slight_smile:

If you dive deeper you might find yourself challenged. I dunno, but asking around here on the forums usually gets these things sorted out.

I think “tension” is about spline curve slopes. Extra swooshy automation curves. Yay! Renoise no go the feature.

I also miss them, the tender touch of those extra handles, bending at will like young trees in the wind. But then again, I get by. It used to be a painful spot for me. Even my therapist advised me not to think about it too often.

I make slopes with linear curves, just many many points set down the right way.

I think “tension” is about spline curve slopes. Extra swooshy automation curves. Yay! Renoise no go the feature.

Damn… what a pity! I was thinking charge my PayPal with the suggestion above but… “life without tension is not a life”. Hope for the future dev?

I make slopes with linear curves, just many many points set down the right way.

Not the same think… in any case its a pain.