Some Suggestions

after all, the X of XML stands for eXtensible, then we actually eXtended the RNS format :P

I think he refers to Kazakore’s exclamation:

(can I quote the profanity while still not being a profanator?)

or maybe he has some sight difficulties (see his confusion regarding XRNS/XMS) so he may have misread something again

(facepalm, btw)

If you are referring to the remark kazakore made, your logic here seems pretty weird, and I think you are being far too sensitive about this.

Anyways. If you can get over the profanity, this here will enable autoseek for all samples in your renoise project. Just install it by downloading the file, then drag the file on top of your renoise window. You should then have a new menu-entry in your Tools-menu, saying “Autoseek on for all samples”. It should do exactly that.

3508 com.kmaki.EnableAutoseekForEverySample_Rns280_V1.xrnx

Sorry you consider dn to be profanity, personally I wouldn’t. Guess I could of said MAN and BLAST but it’s not like I said st or f**k, or even b****r now is it?.. Plus the fact it was aimed at myself and not anybody else so clearly no offence meant. But saying most religious people I’ve known have little trouble with it (although some prefer you use darn) and it stems from damnation I personally think you are a little over-sensitive if that offended you.

No it is about the “A bookworm who can’t read 4 letters correctly” remark, that does sound quite judging here, nevertheless not something that i would take too seriously but ofcourse i would have challenged you for an explanation as well.

Well that isn’t even profanity then! Although that could be down to language differences, from the verbosity of his posts I doubt it…

But somebody who wants to have the word bookworm in his username failing to read four little letters. You set yourself up for people to have a dig and in my opinion it’s expected and acceptable. I didn’t insult him, just pointed out that’s it’s quite ironic to name yourself after something that reads constantly and yet repeatedly makes the same mistake on such a simple matter.

I am sorry if it in some way hurt his feelings but I will not agree it was out of order or apologise for saying it.

Of course there’s a strong possibility I’m misreading what his name is meant to imply, as I’m only extracting one of the three words in it. But it is the one that jumps most to the attention.

try with these four letters then: JHWH

I know, but dBlue’s explanation also sounds quite plausible. People aren’t perfect, that doesn’t mean they need to be pushed in it knee deep.

JHVVH… are these four or five letters?

If you can’t bear some gentle ribbing from time to time, on the internet or in real life, you’re not going to get very far with being happy! I said it joshingly and then gave the answer as to what the extension of Renoise files stands for. I still stand by there was nothing particularly bad and he overreacted.

what really puzzles me is why on Earth someone should stop using Renoise because a person who isn’t in any way related to the developing team has said something which offends him.

to remain on the topic of church and profanity, if he hears a catholic pronouncing a profanity on the road, would he stop attending masses at the church and stop giving donations to the church?

I don’t think he will, otherwise he has probably already done so some seconds after he became catholic (or whatelse religion he has decided to follow)

also, if someone has said a profanity, he will be doomed to eternal damnation, but this does not automatically mean that anyone using Renoise will be damned too. This is too illogical even for a religious being.

What he wanted is only to degrade everyone using Renoise, really. Not a good attempt though since it’s been two days now and people haven’t figured out that he wanted his remark to be offensive and instead look for some hidden logic.

When someone does not even manage to be offensive on the Internet, that is just sad.

I thought it was just good meta-trolling on everyone else part :D

-original message replaced by kittens.jpg-

I see this without much emotions. Someone’s complaining about a software which doesn’t fit his personal needs.

IMO, you have to select the software according to what you need, NOT pick some arbitrary software and demand it has to be changed to fit your personal needs. If I’d need billions of patterns, I’d check which software is able to do this. If there is none, I’d consider to write it myself, or if I can’t do that, I have to live with what’s out there.

Why would someone need big quantities of databuffers to produce music in the first place?
He needs millions of patterns for what i can do in 40 patterns, perhaps a quantity of that for each song i want to mingle in.
The only serious limitations debatable here remain the amount of samples per instrument and plugin to instrument rendering size and perhaps as you said, the amount of simultaneous samples played per keystrike (NNA).