Someone Made Another Plugin

Not sure how you’re calculating the buffer offset and such, but when I do things like making a line across the bottom row, the sound of the sample changes every time… I would presume that it should sound the same, no? Other than that, cool concept… I love the full grid mode.

Yah I noticed that too… the ADSR doesn’t seem to work properly at all… and I’m not really sure what some of the other options are supposed to do, but the Freeze options seem to be pretty wierd too… I started adjusting one of the knobs, then after a bit of a delay, all of the sound started fading out completely. I wasn’t sure if I was missing the intention of these knobs, but it really kinda tripped me out so I stopped messing with them.

No, it’s supposed to change every time. The sound is recorded in realtime (there is no latency whatsoever in this plugin), and each “delayline” is represented as a each diagonal line. These delay-lines each have an ADSR, which can make the sound fade in, out, whatever. This isn’t a bug, it’s a feature! If you experience that the sound disappear, it’s because you’ve got only switched on a single, diagonal line, which amounts to the same thing as holding down a key for a synth.

But what’s better than explaining all this? Presets are! So I’ll start with these:
1: Straight
2: Drum template
3: Techno repeater
4: Hit Freeze!
5: Blend gate
6: Dotted in 6
7: Robot FX
8: Dot rider

Download: osc_repeater_presets.zip
BTW: Next version will have presets compiled into the plugin, so please share your own presets by uploading them somewhere, and post the link on this page!

Possibly a multicore compatability problem? (Synthedit plugins needs Multipleprocessor setting set to False in CachedVSTs.xml)

But I remember something about a built-in check, that will automatically disable multicore support for synthedit compiled plugins? In recent versions of Renoise, I’ve never experienced a problem with this.

this one looks good.one question though.

how do i load the presets??

i can only choose presets1,presets2 etc.

cant find any load button

Looks interesting. I will have to remember to download this when I get home…

thanks man - this is ace fun - the only bugs i have is that it freezes the renoise gui if you click on the osc_rep gui and if you move it around the screen loads it glitches in a pretty cool way and could probably crash renoise if done too much - but it sounds ace!

Nice presets. Any chance of 96k support? It currently doesn’t work at that rate.

Actually, that happens with all synthedit compiled effect-plugins. Good thing you like the glitches, because there’s nothing I can do about it…

It should work with all samlerates, but perhaps you switched to 96k after initializing the plugin? It will detect the samplerate only at initialization time.

How do you install the presets? I unzipped the folder and put the contents in the plugins data folder but still nothin’…

Since the presets aren’t compiled into the plugin, you need to load them manually (for now).
Just locate the plugin in the DSP chain, and click where it says ‘straight’ (this is the default preset), and choose “import”. Then you can use the built-in preset switcher as well…

Aha! I’ll try this tonight (the preset names got me a little excited)

thanx i will also try this out tonight

Ok great. Works well in 96k now that I tried your suggestion.

so how do we lead the presets gain?

OK! Everything works as advertised. Very nice indeed!

I’ve had no problems with loading/saving presets during play. Now I need to figure out some level of automation.

Ehh…say again?

sorry. LOAD, how do we load and use the preset file?

press where it says straight,and choose import,then import the preset file,and now you can choose the presets :D

this sure is a nice tool

Note to self: add the ability to switch between multiple matrix settings to the to-do list. Think of it as presets-within-presets (but don’t think too hard or your head might explode :slight_smile:

These would be the most useful ‘matrix’ presets for the default preset:

00: Basic 01: First row 02: Second row 03: Third row 04: Fourth row Etc.  
. . . . . . . o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
. . . . . . o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
. . . . . o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
. . . . o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
. . . o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . o o o o o o o o  
. . o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . o o o o o o o o . . . . . . . .  
. o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . o o o o o o o o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
o . . . . . . . o o o o o o o o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .