Something Like Artillery...

While I don’t condone ripoffs, ‘inspiration’ is okay by me and having some of the features of the VST ‘Artillery’ would be nice…

Essentially, the VST is an effect unit with ‘presets’ attatched to midi keyboard notes…when you play the keys, the effects are turned on and off. So essentially, you’d have one key with ‘loop a to b of sample’, ‘thick, reverby chorus’ and ‘mad flanger’ and one key with ‘reverse sample’, ‘wobbly, unstable chorus’ and ‘huge reverb’. While the track is playing, you could send those notes at will which would activate the settings of the effects instantly.

Although I don’t tend to use a midi controller, something similiar could be done, like a special track or effect linked to another track or even a new effect that could take ‘snapshots’ of other effects inside of it’s effect chain and could be called up with simple effect column calls. Maybe even allow it to control vsts this way.

And of course, maybe it could go one step further by being able to ‘morph’ between the effects at a desired speed (option to synch to temp of course!).

Also, I was wondering why the idea of having an imbedded synth or two was abandoned when NoiseTrekker became ReNoise?