Songs That Make You Go "wow" Every Time

Squarepusher - do you know squarepusher
Theres a wierd compression on this tho.

Keef Baker - An Interrogation

http://www.last.fm/music/Keef+Baker/Redeye/An+Interrogation

nirvana - lounge act
nirvana - beeswax
meat puppets - oh me, lake of fire, platau trio (nirvana unplugged versions)
nirvana - papercuts
decapitated - perfect dehumanisation
jesus lizard - uncommonly good, my own urine
converge - concubine
radiohead - pyramid song
motopsycho - time to skate,sinfull windbourne, feel
kristen hersh - hips and makers
scratch acid - owners lament
babyshambles - delivery
lemonheads - ride with me
manic street preachers - yes / 4st 7lb
drugstore - superglider
boris - ganbow ki
iron monkey - fink dial, web of piss, our problem, house anxiety, 9 joint spiritual whip, irms
mastadon - i am ahab
young marble giants - colossal youth lp
mea culpa - i am the epicentre
taint - the sound out competition
anaal nathrakh - anything
melvins - anything - almost
will haven - almost anything

• fuck it - most metal and grunge shit will make me go WOW everytime cos i fuckin loves it…

… no electronic music either - which is odd, cos i only ever go to electronic shows and never rock shows… hmm

Yeah I noticed a really small percentage of electronic music with myself and some other people too. And I thought it has to be because of the rock/pop format, you know. Pop, rock, or even metal music seems more likely to have a “big hit song”/catchy song that stays in your mind rather than electronic music where, at least I, listen to a lot more albums than separate songs - because it seems like every song is just part of a bigger whole.

OR deep down, we just hate electronic music :D

People can simply identify more easily with music containing vocals. It adds that human element ;) Even electronic music can benefit from meaningful vocals.

Some songs from artists that have not been mentionned a lot here :

Pink Floyd : Atom Hearh Mother
Huge is the word

Clark : Diesel Raven
The melody of the second part flips my brain.

Squarepusher : Tetra-Sync
Melancholy Power.

Venetian Snares - January
I love this album, and particularly this song.

Well some of these artists have been mentionned a lot but I was thinking about these songs when writing.

Actually it’s hard for me to say wich song I prefer amongst all the songs I know because I like to consider albums more than songs.

Another fact is that I always listen to music according to my mood, and to the ambiance that I wan’t to be in. So if I listen to an album when i’m in the perfect mood to listen to it, I’ll think that’s the best album that have ever been made. And another day i’ll just don’t want to hear it.

The Winston - Amen Brother :drummer: