SPC to IT conversion with OpenSPC, help compiling?

You don’t need a VM in the first place, you could just use mingw + cmake to compile the windows version.

Also, using cmake is easy… install gcc and g++ and cmake then run these commands…

cd /path/to/spc2it

mkdir build

cd build

cmake …

make

and tada you got spc2it

Thanks for the response! Yeah I actually just found the .exe download and used that. Was pretty stoked when I realized I could run it on Windows now. Much easier workflow for me now, I can just run a forfile in a folder of .spc’s and watch it automatically convert an entire soundtrack to .it. I did come across a few that failed, so I’m going to try a difference source for the same songs to see if they were just screwed up .spc’s.

Thanks for the response! Yeah I actually just found the .exe download and used that. Was pretty stoked when I realized I could run it on Windows now. Much easier workflow for me now, I can just run a forfile in a folder of .spc’s and watch it automatically convert an entire soundtrack to .it. I did come across a few that failed, so I’m going to try a difference source for the same songs to see if they were just screwed up .spc’s.

Some .spc will fail due to a bug in my it conversion code or it format limitations. Which .spc files are you having issues with so I can create an issue in the issue tracker?

From Final Fantasy 6:

ff6-315a

ff6-315b

ff6-b01

315 seems to be the big ending theme medley, and b-01 is dancing mad.

edit: 314 is also dancing mad but broken into 3 parts, it looks like b01 is just the 3 parts combined into one .spc, but 314 conversion worked fine, so maybe there are other differences.

From Final Fantasy 6:

ff6-315a

ff6-315b

ff6-b01

315 seems to be the big ending theme medley, and b-01 is dancing mad.

edit: 314 is also dancing mad but broken into 3 parts, it looks like b01 is just the 3 parts combined into one .spc, but 314 conversion worked fine, so maybe there are other differences.

Thanks! I’ll be sure to check it out.

https://github.com/uyjulian/spc2it/issues/8

Cool! Thanks for you awesome program. You have know idea how much sheer joy it brought me the day I got it to work. Dissecting all the game music I grew up with in a tracker, being able to jam on the instruments that made it, and using them to write new music, so much fun.

I wrote this one with samples I got using your tool: