I basically want to split a whole bunch of patterns is have to go from 64 rows to 32 rows, keeping all the notes of course.
is there a sort of opposite functionality of “Join Selection” ?
or is the way to go to duplicate a pattern and do it via that route.
No, but that’d be a neat feature I think…
• I use the following functions for split/select types > copy/paste:
- Mark Column above current line
- Mark Column below current line
- Mark Track above current line
- Mark Track below current line
• Also available:
- Mark Pattern above current line
- Mark Pattern below current line
- Mark Column in Block Loop Range
- Mark Track in Block Loop Range
• Functions located at:
- Preferences -> Pattern Editor -> Selection
Experiment with them, I hope you’ll find them useful
thanks for the tip 00.1!
“Mark pattern in loopblock range” is useful for what i’m trying to do.
it would indeed be nice to have , in the pattern sequencer, a “Split pattern in loop block range” function
having a dedicated split function would offer a kind of solution to my problem from this other thread:
(Btw, the copy/paste trick is not so useful on automation.)
We got Join, we need Split.