stability as a priority?

i’ve been using renoise for only a few days now, enjoying it, and will be registering (as is it kills fruity and modplug which is what i had been using on my PC before) …

there are of course new features i drool over (envelope control via midi cc ahem :ph34r: ) …

however, it seems everyone i talk to about renoise wishes that the stability and core engine would be refined to a rock solid state before new features are added up. i’m interested in hearing what the dev team thinks of this, and what priority stabilizing the program has atm.

i know soon the voting will be enabled for registered users to ask for what they want, that will be great … but my curiosity right now prompted me to post :P

As far as I can remember, all known bugs have been fixed before each of the last few releases. So yes, stability is a top priority but does not mean there’s no time for new features (as you can see from the development speed so far). The large amount of bugs in the 1.2 beta was due to large changes in the structure of the code to make porting to mac (a work in progress) possible. So later releases will not have the same amount of problems.

taktik and me also wrote before on this forum that we prefer stable code over new features…

cool, nice to hear ;D

of course both things are good, but i agree that stability is very important …

and saving often is even more so ;D