Surrounded

Sup!! Just bought Renoise last week and all I can say is… hell yeah!!! Here’s my first song in Renoise!

http://soundcloud.com/analogsoundtrack/surrounded

Pretty cool. I would try to be a little more conscious about the frequencies that you use, for example, the drums feel a little too breaksample-ish, but you don’t exploit that sound very much. I think that putting a reverb on the drums to make them sound more distant would help them gel with the orchestral string idea that you have going. It also sounds like you used the stereo expander on some of the sounds later on, and I want to warn you ahead of time that if you don’t use that dsp very carefully you can do some really weird and unwanted things to your sound. One of the first things that I do when I look back on old tunes is delete all the expanders and wideners, and so many problems get solved.

Ace, enjoyed that!

Nice catch on the stereo expander. I’m guilty. I was going to name this tune “The I have no freakin clue how to use a tracker song” but it was much too long to fit on a 45. But seriously, thanks for the advice! Coming from a hardware MPC, this software gives me goosebumps.

Thanks Thalamus!!!