Sylenth1 predictably crashing

I’m on OS X 10.10.4, Renoise 3.1.0, Sylenth1 3.028 64 bit AU (newest).

I created a simple project that demonstrates the problem. This seems to be the steps that cause it to crash. To see the problem, open the project, press the space bar to play the song. Press the space bar again to stop the song (you don’t have to play the whole thing). Then go to File and then New Song. Sylenth1 should then crash. It happens if I go to New Song or if I try to load a previously loaded or saved song. Hopefully it crashes for you so you can see the problem; it crashes for me every time.

Project file attached.

1 Like

Just an update: I have tested both the AU and VST with the same results.

Another update: I thought I found the answer when I unchecked the compatibility option “Can run in multiprocessor environments”. I thought that this fixed it but it is still crashing, but a bit less frequently.

I used to have the same problem. Luckily it doesn’t crash anymore. I think if you update Sylenth to the very latest release it may work… but I’m not exactly sure what I did, maybe I also did fiddle with the VSTi settings, here’s some of mine and a link to my old thread about it:

Hive - Checked can run in multiprocessor enviroment

Spire 1.1 - Checked use static processeing buffers

Sylenth - Unchecked everything

https://forum.renoise.com/t/osx-unreproducible-crash-ana-synthlen-hive-vst/45288

I used to have the same problem. Luckily it doesn’t crash anymore. I think if you update Sylenth to the very latest release it may work… but I’m not exactly sure what I did, maybe I also did fiddle with the VSTi settings, here’s some of mine and a link to my old thread about it:

Hive - Checked can run in multiprocessor enviroment

Spire 1.1 - Checked use static processeing buffers

Sylenth - Unchecked everything

https://forum.renoise.com/t/osx-unreproducible-crash-ana-synthlen-hive-vst/45288

Thank you for the help Garf, but I just came back here to say that I have also been communicating with Lennard from LennarDigital and he was able to reproduce the problem. He said it was an easy fix and would be in the next update.

Great then… weird I can’t get your file to crash.