Sync sample to lines without changing pitch?

Is there a simple way to sync a sample to a certain amount of lines without changing the pitch of the sample?

I use a lot of BPM changes and I want my samples to fluently stretch along, without changing the pitch of the song.

Now I manually have to do it with pattern commands or the timestretch tool. They are both a lot of work to do for many samples. The first option is really hard to get right and takes a lot of time since all the samples have different lengths. And with the second it’s almost impossible to make gradual changes in the amount of stretching.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Or is it possible to include in a future update a small box next to the sync function to choose between pitching and/or stretching the sample?

not possible until devs license such a thing and implement it into Renoise.

You better not want to know what elastique or ztx licenses do cost…I guess this would rather be a case for massive crowdfunding, not so much for the given budget of the renoise team…

Thanks for the feedback. Did some more reading on the forum and was afraid this would be the answer. I’ll just have to use the pattern commands for each sample.

If there was a tool to give a selection of samples/instruments the same length (by adding silence at the end, for example), that job would be a lot easier.

You better not want to know what elastique or ztx licenses do cost…I guess this would rather be a case for massive crowdfunding, not so much for the given budget of the renoise team…

Well other software in that price range or even cheaper does also include elastique, so it does not seem to be a budget question…

Well other software in that price range or even cheaper does also include elastique, so it does not seem to be a budget question…

nice! which ones?

nice! which ones?

From the top of my head, Reaper and XT2 come to mind.

I think Tracktion might as well?

I think Tracktion might as well?

Oh yes, indeed.

huh interesting. thanks for sharing.

are there any plugins that do this, that can be loaded into renoise? I see that XT2 supports rewire so that’s a possibility… but I wonder if there are any plugins too.

I guess kontakt does with its time machine mode or whatever it’s called

Tracktion has Melodyne also

but i think that it is because Jules (owner of Tracktion) has Juce that is mainstream product
Maybe XT has it because Behringer bought it?

And Reaper is more expensive (commercial license) and more popular produkt than Renoise, it is in different league.

The price for a product has no relationship with what a license for elastique & co would cost to the developers. Yea, the developers, not the end customers. I think a single license of elastique or other hi-q pitch shifters to include into a single software product you can sell costs around 10.000$+ once, maybe even with twists to include the provider of the library in revenues. The other DAWs have more users, and a company with some budget beforehand, and prospection to sell much more licenses of their product than the renoise team does, so they can afford the investion. They can pay the elastique license before releasing in hope to get back the costs by selling the DAW a lot. The end user ofc will pay for the DAW product, not the elastique or whatever license directly.

Cheaper options would be stuff like librubberband, but it just won’t sound as sweet and take more cpu than the expensive stuff.