That's How It Ends... ?

Hmm… It’s true what you guys says… Wait with the big announcements when it’s “ready” (when it has the features you’d expect from any professional musictool.) Or else people will think “nah I remember how it was” the second time it’s advertised. I’m with Ambivalence on his wishes of how Renoise should be developed as well…

in some ways i agree, but on the other hand renoise isnt a company.
for instance, some of the biggest reasons we love renoise so much, has alot to do with the close knit community we have here.
here, we all have the ability to say “hey, this might be better if it was done like this”
an if it really is better, then what do we see? we see renoise become better! ;)
it’s that feeling of personal connection we see an hear about, it draws us closer to each other.
even tho lately, there has been a bit of frivolous feature requests that wouldnt necessarily benefit renoise, the ones that would an do benefit renoise are very much listened to, an very much discussed.

for those innertested to make some renoise tutorial video’s I recommend checking out ‘camtasia 4’ capturing software ( http://www.softwarecasa.com/pprod/212402dd…CFTVYQgodTW0eUg ). Install it, press record…and run it in the back while fondling renoise. It automatically records everything on screen. You can output it to whatever videocodec you have installed on yer system.

Ah that sounds quality. I will get onto that later and put some basic things together.

We should probably make a list of things which need recording and tick them off once we have done them, to save mulitple versions of the same thing.

I have registered it and did the tutorials with Camtasia 3.x Only problem is i had to upgrade to 4.x for an unreasonable price so i got stuck with 3.x (Which is still very okay btw)

mininova is an option if you want to try before buy 4.0

LOL! You actually believe in this? I won’t use this piece of software since my “evaluation” would really mean theft. It would… since I don’t plan spending $300 on capturing software anyway. So, sorry, I’ll pass.

Maybe I seem a little too serious about this but I’m a developer myself and I know how it feels like when you decide not to release something for free and see bunches of people evaluating. Bollocks, I say.

In any case, I love SX3. It’s buggy, but I really like it. I"ll never invest in any Steinberg product again, no matter how good it may be. Such a shame.

[left]All these companies losing progressively (or even from the very start) their human dimension for sake of profit and all the standardized-conventional-commercial-way-of-thinking stuff… It makes me feel so sad.

About the last news on Renoise homepage, “Our customer care policy” : You don’t need to insist on the bad attitude of other people and try to take profit of it. Doing this, you start falling down.
Just try to be honest and modest, people feel it like they breathe and they appreciate. And I’m sure you would appreciate too ; staying human while working is worth the loss in gains, this is a matter of conscience, conscience brings harmony or leads you to stress and contempt. These are my feelings. :)
[/left]
Renoise is no society, you are individuals doing an excellent job and I wish you not to change.

Well, that said, you can stay modest & honest while doing some advertising and trying to make some more profit if you feel limited or think it could be beneficial to people, there is no paradox. ;)

Agreed. It’s a case of actions speak louder than words.

Please don’t take offense, but this has to be said. In regards to the article on the front page the english needs a helluva lot more work. I feel like I’m reading some sort of post-colonial auto thesaurus on cocaine that’s really into itself. I had to re-read it five times to figure out what you were talking about. Here’s one example (of many):

“Registering Renoise involves more just than that you get a license to use our product:”

The above word, involves, is wrong. By using that combination it sounds that my registration requires my involvement, that I am obliged to do something. “more just than you” is a grammatical mess. The rest doesn’t work with the first. The sentence… makes no sense. The whole write-up… doesn’t work.

I know this isn’t english class, but if you are going to “promo” why not do it in a language you have a complete mastery of? I’d have no problem running stuff through babelfish to get the jist of it. Otherwise, it starts to look like “engrish” and the professionalism gets lost, if not laughed at.

Sorry.

EDIT: To be more constructive, here’s another way of writing it: “By Registering Renoise you get more than just a license to use the product.” - I’m no writer, and i’m not looking to do the job, but just pointing out that simple and correct usually beats weird grammar and big words with references to the self.

Actually, what’s the problem with this ? There would be an issue if it was decreasing, but then… Are you living in poverty ? (no irony)

Having said that, I can only see the growth of registering users increasing in the near future, with the arrival of version 1.8, able to generate a professional quality sound in an appealing and rather complete environment ; added to that the inquestionable - but not so old - superiority of Renoise over any other tracker. You will soon be able to reach a new range of people.
You need proofs that a tracker can do studio quality music ; a complete and accessible documentation ; clever and targeted ads on composers community sites and… That’s all I can see that would really help, as a beginner in computer-aided music. :)

true. it’s sounds like it was written in a language that was not English and translated into English with a google translate or something. definitely needs fixing.

Sorry for this. Not meant as an excuse, but its just that the Renoise team currently is from nearly everywhere in europe (GB excluded) and asia, so its no wonder that no one of us speaks or writes a perfect english.
We will try to be a bit more sensitive about this in future. For now you could help us and drop us a mail or PM as soon as you notice something like this in the “official” news or other web texts.

I hope this doesn’t appear as if we’re picking on Vince. I’m grateful for all the work he does. He’s doing his best to inform us of all the things we need to know, and besides Bantai, he’s the only one who seems to be doing it on the front pages. I’d happily receive awkwardly phrased updates over none at all. I also agree with the criticisms: we need slicker PR.

Any highly literate native English speakers out there want to put their hand up for Renoise PR?

I have no problem reading post-colonial english when it’s people trying to help one an other in a forum or in a wiki. I don’t speak dutch, german, japanese, so I’m more than lucky that the common language around here is english. Thank you!

But, if you are trying to be professional and turn words into money, they need to be peer reviewed or it ends up being in poor taste.

Again, sorry.

please don’t apologize. I think this forum is more like a big family and all of us want to see Renoise thrive. So, see this as a heads up that will make all of us look better. ;)

I mean, I’m Brazilian and English is not my first language either. So, I totally know what you mean. Rely on native english speaker willing to help and things will be ok.

i wish closed source software companies would make it a little easier to figure out how much their damn software costs!

here i was just researching a program called Whitesmoke.
https://buy.whitesmoke.com/

i learned about this from installing the Google homepage module:
http://www.google.com/ig/directory?num=24&…oke&start=0

which is well handicapped… :(

so i think i may benefit from registering this software.

they tell me i am going to save 25%
then they try to make me setup an account before they tell me…

-they just lost my interest!

I would be happy to be a sort of “middleman” on all official Renoise texts, proofreading and editing it before official release!

In fact, I would be happy to do the actual writing itself!

Renoise team: what do you think?

i agree 100 percent!! and this is quite important.

.x